Help! about Teamviewer partner assisting.

Help! i recently gave someone the ID number and password  to a partner assisting me on my computer.  on Teamviewer.  i did not sign up or anything that time.  The partner just gave me a link of teamviewer and he said to give him the ID and password code to him so he can come into my computer and help me.   And yes he did help me .  and we disconnected the program i mean closed the X window of the teamviewer.  disconnection.

but my question is  What happens now?   What will happen to the ID and passwords that i gave him?   can he still use that ID and password to come into my PC again without my presence?   if so How to change the ID and password codes that i gave him. 

And this was before i even register with teamviewer did not have account. 

Tagged:

Comments

• Chiron
    Chiron Posts: 229 ✭✭

There are a few different scenarios, so we need a little more information.

If you ran a quick support version of TeamViewer, then it only runs when you launch (double-click) the program. 

If you installed a host version or full version of TeamViewer, then it can be configured to run in the background automatically when the computer starts. Hopefully you gave your support tech a temporary password. TeamViewer will generate a new password once the session is over (unless configured not to).

Assuming you are running Windows, check your installed programs. If TeamViewer is not listed then you most likely ran a quick support version. If TeamViewer is installed, you can uninstall, or dive into the options to make everything run the way you want. 

I don't work for TeamViewer. I'm just a user.
  • Yes it is in my programs list.  so it's not a quick version then.

But what im worried is Can he come into my computer anytime? like he was at that time when he was helping me. able to move my mouse around. 

And oh u said temporary password .  i hope it's a temporary password and ID that i gave him.   ok so Teamviewer regenerates a new password once it's over.  I hope that's what it is i feel relief after hearing that  if that is the case. 

• and i opened Team viewer and see that the 4 digit is different than the one i gave him.  am i good now?

and i tried opening the Advanced option in the Option  and see that there is a selection to choose the  4 digit  6 digit 8 digit and 10 digit password. 

So i choose the 10 digit selection and hit OK,  but i did not see any 10 digit password being generated in the next screen.  i only see that the 4 digit was gone.  and no way to type in any numbers i keep clicking on the Password box and type a number but it's not showing any new numbers.  wth.

• Chiron

Extras > Options > General Tab > uncheck "Start TeamViewer with Windows"

This will make it so TeamViewer doesn't start automatically.

Start TeamViewer with Windows.png

Extras > Options > Security Tab > Password Strength > Set to "Disabled"

This will make it so there is NO random password. (no access)

Under "Personal password" you can set the password you want. (enter twice, must match)

Set Password.png

Now TeamViewer will not launch unless you want it to, and you know the only password. Keep in mind that if you need someone to connect, you need to tell them the password. This is why random passwords can be useful for one-time sessions.

Hope that helps.

• Chiron

Not sure what I did, but my last response is on a different thread.

Re: Help! about Teamviewer partner assisting