How to make a remote update?

Recently, I can not connect remotely to a computer, it displays a message

"the remote teamviewer is running an old version which is out of date. therefore you cannot connect to this version anymore.Your connection partner can update TeamViewer by clicking on help - check for new version"

If the remote computer is very far away, how can I update the program remotely if the connection is blocked?

Comments

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,973 Community Manager 🌍

Hello @Artyou

Thank you for your message.

TeamViewer has been sending many warnings that you need to update the remote TeamViewer.

TeamViewer never hardblocks without warning the user before.

We are sorry to hear that now you have been blocked, but there is no workaround for this. Someone will need to update TeamViewer manually on the remote computer.

You will find all the information you need in our Knowledge Base article here: Enjoy using the best version of TeamViewer we made so far! - How to proceed? in the Section general (second dot)

We hope that you will still find a solution to update the remote side.

Cheers

Jean

Community Manager

• Jorabi
    Jorabi Posts: 2 ✭✭

You should make a mini-app available just for this situation. We could download the app, then let it still communicate with older versions of tv, and be limited to ONLY allow you to kick off the upgrade unattended, no other interaction. Do you already have this?

• EagleFlyFree
    EagleFlyFree Posts: 2 ✭✭

Same issue here.
    A computer 10000Km far away, nobody can go and update manually, I just lost him.

If I need to send someone, I will make him uninstall Teamviewer and add **Third Party Product**, way cheaper and with same functionalities

• Netbug
    Netbug Posts: 0

Wow... what a stupid move. Many of us are running remote computers that are several hundred if not thousands of miles away. Received zero notification of this.

• martincg
    martincg Posts: 3 ✭✭

I also think this is extremely annoying and a very stupid policy. I have remote computers that i rarely need to access and now I can't connect to several in different parts of the country. It's too late to say that I should have set Automatic Updates. If the product is bricked because it hasn't been updated then at least give me some timely notification. E.G, "TV ID ****** will stop working in 30 days unless it is updated to version DD"

Please Teamviewer developers, produce a solution to this in future and don't prevent people from using the product they have paid for. That's got to be a very very bad idea and the sort of thing I would only expect a naive person to dream up, not an experienced engineer.

This is the single biggest bad feature of TV and the main reason to advise other people against using it.

• Jugezu
    Jugezu Posts: 1
    edited January 2022

We are using TeamViewer to update data systems on ships. One just came from the dock and the computer was not used for two years during the repairing process. They need the updated systems to able to go back to sea. I can connect to the computer, but it says that it is using too old Teamviewer version and ought to be updated first before the connection could be established. There is a computer without screen nor keyboard, system is in not in English language and the people around are totally computer illiterate people from the dock.

We did choose TeamViewer to save to money for making remotely simple procedures. Not to send our people to different countries to press any key -like tasks. There must be remote update option for the client available or we will migrate to another software.

• gnielsen
    gnielsen Posts: 4 ✭✭

if you have another option to connect with IP address. VNC possibly as a backup.

• bogometer
    bogometer Posts: 1

This is truly braindead. I have a client that needs help every couple of years and now I cannot remotely update?

• FrkFrkFrk
    FrkFrkFrk Posts: 6 ✭✭

hello, still not possible ? it's really nonsense...