I think I might have purchased the wrong thing...

Options

I have a computer that has software that is propriety and I want someone to be able to remote in and use the software.

I purchased Teamviewer.

The problem is that I set it up for remote access, but he says on his end it is asking him for the log in to my network, which I would prefer not to give him.

Can someone help me make sure I have it configured correctly for the use I want?

Or maybe I didn't get the right version of Teamviewer?  Do I need a different version?

Thanks,

Mindy

Tagged:

Comments

• mLipok
    mLipok Posts: 781 ⭐Star⭐
    Options

@MindyBelcher wrote:

The problem is that I set it up for remote access, but he says on his end it is asking him for the log in to my network, which I would prefer not to give him.

Your statement is not clear, please rewrite, or elaborate.

Regards,
    mLipok , AutoIt MVP
  • MindyBelcher
    Options

I am happy to clarify -

I purchased Teamviewer.

I installed it on a computer that has software on it that is proprietary and can only be installed on one computer - I want someone else to be able to use this software and be able to remote into this one computer using Teamviewer.

I installed Teamviewer on this computer.  I set it up (I hope correctly) so that another person can remote into this computer and use this software.

The problem is that when a person tries to gain remote access,  on his end ihe is presented with a screen asking him to log in to my network.  While I do want to grant him remote access to this one computer,  I would prefer not to give him access to my whole network.

Is there a way to set up Teamviewer so that someone can remote in and acess just one computer and the software on it, without giving them access to my whole network and servers?

Thanks,

Mindy

• mLipok
    Options

@MindyBelcher wrote:

The problem is that when a person tries to gain remote access,  on his end ihe is presented with a screen asking him to log in to my network.  While I do want to grant him remote access to this one computer,  I would prefer not to give him access to my whole network.

Is there a way to set up Teamviewer so that someone can remote in and acess just one computer and the software on it, without giving them access to my whole network and servers?

I think you misunderstood the message which this person is seeing, or it's me misunderstand you.
    Could you show us this message?

Normally the person/host which want to gain access to remote host, gains access to computer and all resource, which are allowed for user which is/wiil be logged on remote host.

Regards,
    mLipok , AutoIt MVP
  • MindyBelcher
    Options

Desktop Screenshot 2020.02.28 - 07.18.02.75.png

• MindyBelcher
    Options

This is a screenshot of what the person sees once they put in the password for Teamviewer and "connect".

The is is that this is my network login screen.  This will not only log them into the computer but if I giv them the password, they will be able to log into my network.  I just want them to  be able to remote into this computer only.

Is there a way to have them be able to remote in to just the computer without having network access to my network?

• mLipok
    Options

I see that TeamViewer works fine.

So you have problem with Microsoft Security rules ?

In a short story:
    I think You should create separate Windows account on your remote machine and give password to this separate Windows account.

Regards,
    mLipok , AutoIt MVP