IBM Security Trusteer Rapport

On the advice of our bank we recently installed IBM Security Trusteer Rapport as a payment went astray allegedly because of some 'Middle Man' virus. After successfuly installing the add-on we can not access that machine with Teamviewer.  All other machines without the new add-on work perfectly. Can we tweak the IBM Secuiity add-on so Teamviewer works..??

Comments

• mastersuv
    mastersuv Posts: 1

Found a solution for this issue...

First I thought it was a teamviewer or my graphics card problem. But it's on the Rapport settings.

ISSUE: When trying to access websites which are protected by Rapport (useless program in my opinion, but we are forced to use it by banks and other institutions), the teamviewer session will apparently freeze or give you a black screen but you will still be able to control the computer (type, move mouse, click).

SOLUTION:
    - Go to Rapport settings via Browser widget, in my case I'm using Chrome.
    - Click on Rapport Widget icon > Settings 
    - Rapport Dashboard will open up. Locate "Security Policy" and click on "Edit Policy (for advanced users)" button.
    - Enter Captcha Security on the "User Approval" Window and click OK
    - Security Policy list will display. Locate "Block Screen Capturing" and change its value to "Never".
    - Click on "Save" button.
    - Restart your computer (REQUIRED)

After that you'll be able to view the protected websites remotely via teamviewer or any other vpn based remote access tool.

• Midrange_SCP
    Midrange_SCP Posts: 0

Wish I could have found this answer two years ago when I first had the problem, when searches for 'TeamViewer black screen' found no useful answers. Stumbled over it this morning while on site and found Rapport running.🤣