Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

Is there a time limit on TeamViewer Free sessions?

Greetings,

I'm new to TV and was running a remote session of TV Free with my elderly mother on the other end.  Both of our TVs were up to date, but the session kept timing out on us roughly every 10 minutes.  Can someone confirm if there is indeed a time limit?  My mother has a very slow connection, so perhaps that may be a cause as well.

Thanks in advance!

5 Replies
Highlighted
Posted by Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Is there a time limit on TeamViewer Free sessions?

Hi @Novice1994 ,

Welcome to TeamViewer 🙌

No, there is not such a time limit.

I guess it is indeed more related to the internet connection as you mentioned.

Best, Esther

Community Manager

Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others.
Find this helpful? Say thanks by clicking on the Thumbs Up button. Find more information here: Knowledge Base | Community Blog | How to get started

4 Replies
Highlighted
Posted by
Neutron

@Esther 

You received an incorrect answer. I get the same time limit. In fact, it now states that it will terminate after 5 minutes. Which when dealing wirth a family member and getting them to get you the code and get connected, takes exactly 4 minutes and 59 seconds... This is a REALLY stupid addition to their already difficult to use software.

I can't think of a more complicated UX/UI, pricing or anything. I am truly baffled why people are using this. 

Highlighted
Community Manager

HI @bdoubleu 

For me,this sounds more that there is commercial usage suspected for your connections. Please read: Thank you for playing fair and consider filling out the form. I added the link to the form in the article 👍

Best, Esther

Community Manager

Find this helpful? Say thanks by clicking on the Thumbs Up button. Find more information here: Knowledge Base | Community Blog | How to get started

Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

Hi Esther,

I just did my second TV session ever with my elderly mother in-law, mainly adding bookmarks to chrome and pinning apps to her task bar - LOL!  (My OP was for a session with my own elderly mother.)  In both cases, my sessions kept timing out after 5 mintues.  Since it timed out frequently again with a different user, I strongly suspect it was not due to connection speeds as originally presumed.  My mother in-law and I both have good connections speeds.  Our 40 minute session required us to reconnect 8 times.  That seems pretty rediculous to me.  

I am clearly not using this for commercial purposes.  So why is it timing out?

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi again,

yes - sounds not like the software is suspecting commercial usage.

So this does not seem to be the problem.

However, there is no such time limit within the software. So maybe it is connected to network issues. 

Best,

Esther

Community Manager