LAN only issues - can not connect

Hi There

I've emailled tech support and no repsonse so far so...

I am trying to use TV in LAN only mode. In a previous post I solved an issue that was stopping it working:

https://community.teamviewer.com/t5/General-Questions/Stop-Teamviewer-connecting-to-the-internet-on-boot-when-using/m-p/84597#M37384

I have a PC and a Surface Pro - I run a hot spot on the PC (Connectify Me) which I connect to via the Surface Pro - LAN only no internet.

It works on one machine fine - 3 others do not work (one of which is an exact clone - same MOBO/hardware etc).

All running Windows 10 - up to date version.

All machines give the "Not Ready- check connection" warning as soon as I disconnect the internet connection. But I can access one machine via the Surface Pro - the other 3 I can't.

I've checked via IP Config for settings etc and everything is the same (including TV settings) Same versions of software etc. I have lset Connectify me to defaults and also tried static IPs - neither work on 3 of the machines.

Running out of patience - has anyone got any ideas how to troubleshoot this?

Thanks

Jeff

Best Answer

Answers

• Fiona_G
    Fiona_G Posts: 689 Staff member 🤠

Hi @Brownian_2020,

Thanks for your message.

I'm sorry to hear about the issue you were experiencing.

I can confirm our support team has received your request and will provide assistance ASAP.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Fiona

Fiona_G
  • Thanks Fiona - I am in contact with support now.

Jeff

• Thanks Vatsilidis

I can have a look - I have left everything as default installation on the machnes so not sure why only one is working.

Is there anything I should look for in particular that yuou know of? I am only wunning Windows 10 Pro firewall.

Thanks

Jeff

• Hi Vatsilidis

Worked through it with suport and it was indeed Firewall related - had to manually create inbound rules for TCP / UDP and all was well.

So you were right:)

Cheers

Jeff

• So why does the TeamViewer team continue to publish incorrect information on their website?  The website states that only outbound rules need to be created.  When looking for LAN connections it only states that the option needs enabled to allow LAN or exclusively allow LAN.  There is no mention of inbound rules needing to be created.