Lack of confirmation email, log in problem.

My problem is that I reinstalled (set up again) my windows 7 and the teamviewer program. I tried to log in to teamviewer program with my account (email address and password) but I couldn't because I haven't got the confirmation email from teamviewer .
I know my password and I can use my account on my phone but not my pc.
I checked. It is NOT in Spam.

Thank you!

[E-Mail address removed]

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• JedenTag
    JedenTag Posts: 38 ✭✭

I have helped dozens of co-workers setup accounts, and I have seen the same problem on a few. The email eventualy gets delivered, but by then it is too old. A new email needs to be sent.

Everyone eventualy got in. Try again the next day.

• Christmas5
    Christmas5 Posts: 6 ✭✭
    Erlier I met with what you said but now I can't get it at all. Unfortunately I still not get the confirmation email at all.
    I had to reinstall my windows several times. Is the confirmation email sending limitated ?? How can be this account problem solved???
  • Christmas5
    I'm trying to sign in every day since 12 days before.
  • Christmas5
    I've created an other account an the teamviewer sending the confirmation emails for that but NOT for this older account.
    Is there any confirmation email or log in limitations? How can I reset these?
  • Christmas5
    Dear Esther !

Thank you for your answer !

I've activated the 2 factors authentication.
    Now what else should I do?
    Can I try to log in now from the PC what was Inpossible since 08. January 2017. ???

Christmas
  • Esther
    Esther Posts: 4,052 Former Community Manager

Hi @Christmas5,

Yes, please give it a try :-)

I would be very happy, if you could post an update about your success afterwards.

Former Community Manager

• Christmas5

Thank you very much Esther !

This 2 factors authentication works !

I still don't know the reason of the problem but this method solved my problem :-)

Thank you !

• Why do you have to use 2 factor authentication? Can't you get your email system, right without having to force users to use this method?

• LaKaroT
    LaKaroT Posts: 1

How do you login without confirming your email first to even enable two factor authentication?

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,984 Community Manager 🌍

Hello @LaKaroT,

Thank you for your message.

The trusted device e-mail confirmation is the default login system (only for devices that have not been confirmed yet).

The only way to deactivate these is to enable two-factor authentication. 

If you want to avoid confirming the device, you need to log into your account from an already trusted device and activate two-factor authentication from there.

I hope this could help.

Jean

Community Manager

• MangoWang
    MangoWang Posts: 3 ✭✭

Dear Esther, 

same issue here. My initial account is **Please do not post TeamViewer IDs**@qq.com. The confirmation email just arrive so late that it's invalid then. And I don't have a device which is trusted to enable 2FA. Any other solution? Please help. Thank you so much!

Mango