Linux and Teamviewer updates >12 not compatible with older versions of glibc

Hi,

I am running teamviewer 12 on a linux (centos 6.10) machine for personal use. My glibc version is then 2.12.

Everything is fine, except that TV sessions are now limited to 5 minutes because, according to your policies, I must update.

I have no problems with updating, but that implies a fresh install of my OS to get the glibc version I need for teamviewer 13 or 14, and I obviously do not want to do that.

I believe the policy to automatically disconnect clients using older versions is not appropriate, specially since we can not update the software as easily as we would like to. Is there any workaround that allows me to continue using TV 12?

Thanks in advance

Carles

Comments

• Carles_CAT
    Carles_CAT Posts: 2

Bump!

Maybe someone knows about a workaround to the 5 minutes limit?

Or is there any workaround to run TV 13 or 14 with an older glibc version?

Thanks!

• nixnax
    nixnax Posts: 5

I'm running v12 on a CentOS 6.10 server as well but can't connect at all, not even for 5 minutes, I get the message: "The remote TeamViewer is running an old version which is out of date. Therefore you cannot connect to this Version anymore."

Can you let me know the exact version you are running on your server? I'm running teamviewer-12.0.93330-0.i686. Thanks.