Lock remote computer by start session

Hello everyone,

Is it possible in any way to set up team viewer so that when starting a session the relevant client is locked in Windows.

This forces each user to log in to his own user profile (with rights).
Of course it must also be locked again after the end of the session (this functionality is available in team viewer).

Regards,
Rob

Tagged:

Comments

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,984 Community Manager 🌍

Hello @RobHeijmans

Thank you for your message and welcome to the TeamViewer Community! ?

Unfortunately, this is not possible to do via TeamViewer. The only feature going into this direction is to lock the Windows user session after closing the TeamViewer remote control session (as you mentioned): Locking the Windows user session after closing the TeamViewer remote control session 

I hope this could help. ?

Best regards

Jean

Community Manager

• RobHeijmans
    RobHeijmans Posts: 5 ✭✭

Hi Jean,

Thank you @JeanK

First, apologies for my delayed response.
    Mail has ended up in the spam.

I am indeed familiar with that position and that is not sufficient enough. Nevertheless, thanks for helping us find a solution.

Best Regards,

Rob

• TotalPC
    TotalPC Posts: 87 ⭐Star⭐

Hi Rob,

How about creating a idle timeout? If the system is idle for more than a couple minutes lock the system. That's what we do and that's the easiest solution. It is possible to do what you ask, but there's nothing currently automated, it would require some custom programming to monitor the TeamViewer connection log file (C:\Program Files (x86)\TeamViewer\Connections_incoming.txt) and when it updates trigger the system to lock.

TeamViewer user since version 6 (2010). We used other remote software programs (TVNC UVNC PCAny) for many years before.
  • RobHeijmans

Hi TotalPC,

I think reading the log file is a good idea.

Despite the fact that it is a detour to make my wish come true.
    Let's hope this feature is integrated into the standard TeamViewer functionality.

With your idea I intend to create a C # application that runs in the background to accomplish this.

Regard,

Rob

• TotalPC
    TotalPC Posts: 87 ⭐Star⭐

Exactly what I was thinking. I'm interested to see how it goes for you. Please let me know!

TeamViewer user since version 6 (2010). We used other remote software programs (TVNC UVNC PCAny) for many years before.
  • RobHeijmans

The log you mention is written afterwards.
    The general log is written once when creating the connection. Maybe I can use it. I will investigate further.

Yes, i do!

Regard,

Rob