Mac stuck at log in screen

I can access my iMac but when I try to click my username icon to log in nothing happens.  Its like I have no control of clicking, just moving the mouse.

Tagged:

Comments

• I'm having the same issue. If someone clicks on the icon on the remote computer everything works as normal but obviously this removes all the benefits of remote access!!

• Me too - same issue

• Viszje
    Viszje Posts: 3

Me too, im running the newest version of teamviewer.

• I had a similar problem on numerous mac systems lately. The key was noticing that the time in the menubar was also not accrurate (either minutes or sometimes hours different) as if the video had been paused. The workaround for me was to go to Actions > Lock Computer > Lock. This forces the session to end and gives you back the login screen and allows you to enter the user password.

Hope this works for you.

• I've also had some success with "the lock then log back in" method too. However, sometimes the screen stays frozen no matter what, so I have to get people from my office to click on my screen which pretty frustating/embarrassing (It's also impractical as I'm currently working with a 7 hour time difference).

• Viszje

Unfortunetly not :smileysad:

• DaviCR
    DaviCR Posts: 2

Thanks, but doesn't work for me. I am experiencing this problem for about a week. I can remotely login normally once, but after leaving the connection during some hours and returning, I systematically find the screen frozen with a clock time that is not the current one. I have already completely uninstalled  teamviewer in both machines, and installed the current version; but the problem persists.

By the first time that I connect, sometimes I find a black screen, then I finish the connection and start again. Doing so, works, but only for the first connection.

Any other suggestion?!

• Core787
    Core787 Posts: 3
    I’m having the exact same problem. Same thing if I login from my phone or Mac.
  • I to am having the same issue. I tried typing in my user's name password anyhow, and then it comes back to life again! Give that a try.

• Core787

I tried that but it didnt work. :(

• Exact same issue. The clock on the remote mac also appears to be the time when I locally locked the machine. Really makes TV useless.

• I have the same problem.

Do i need to open a ticket somewhere or does TeamViewer team will see this forum thread as a bug tracking issue ?

• AK4IJ
    AK4IJ Posts: 8 ✭✭
    Same here.... I can see a "cursor" or sorts on the other end, but keystrokes don't register. Time in the upper right of the screen is wrong. Only way to get into the machine was to have a friend reboot, but that was only a temporary solution as it has frozen again. I have this problem on all 3 of my Macs. Reported to TV support, but they are clueless as to what to do as of this time. Very frustrating!
  • I have found a workarround that work for me...

When you try to reconnect the mouse does not respond and the screen is still black or with an old image of login screen but the keyboard still work.

So my workarround is to log only with keyboard shortcut :

Type the first letter of the user name and press ENTER. Nothing seems to happen but it's false, you can now type the password and then press enter. You session will open and you will see the remote screen again.

• AK4IJ

Thank you  ogoudron, but that doesn't work for me. At TV's suggestion I had a friend help me on the other end by re-booting my computers, uninstalling the latest version of TV and downloading a version (link supplied by them) which was supposed to fix the problem. It seemed to work for a few hours, but when I tired to access them the next day the same old problem was there:

frozen log in screen on the other side, keystrokes don't register, wrong time shown in upper right corner of the frozen screen.  Now I don't even see the cursor. 

One factor that I forgot to mention was that there was a power outage for a couple of hours on the other computers. I don't think that has a bearing on TV because I am able to temporarily access the computers after a re-boot, but that (as I mentioned above) seemed to help only for a few hours. A power outage, in effect causes a re-boot.

Frustrating.....

• Julia
    Julia Posts: 290 Staff member 🤠

Hi all,

Thank you for your contribution here. I talked to our development and they are working on a solution. I will inform you when we published a new release with a fix. 

Cheers,

Julia
    Senior Support Engineer - 2nd level Support
    Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others.
    Find this helpful? Say thanks by clicking on the Thumbs Up button.
  • Will you just let everyone in this message stream know? Do you have any ETA on a solution?

• Core787

The only way I've found to not get locked out is to disconnect TV manually and not let the connection time itself out. As long as I do that I can log back in whenever I want. 

• AK4IJ

Temorary fix.... well, sort of..... downgrade on all sides to TV12. In therory you should be able to control a TV12 computer with a TV13 one, but that didn't work for me. I had to downgrade all back to TV12. Now I can control all my computers as before.

Be sure and set your TV preferences to "do not automatially upgrade" or you will find yourself back in the same frustrating position as before. 

Not a permanent fix, but until the programming staff figures out the solution you will be able to use TV. Hopefully, that will be soon.

• Julia
    Julia Posts: 290 Staff member 🤠

Hi all,

I do not have an ETA at the moment but you can try the following as a workaround:

Connect to the Mac, click on "Actions" in the toolbar, navigate to "Lock" and choose "Lock now".

After doing that it should be possible to remote control the Mac. Please let me know if the workaround works for you.

Cheers,

Julia
    Senior Support Engineer - 2nd level Support
    Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others.
    Find this helpful? Say thanks by clicking on the Thumbs Up button.
  • Viszje

Goodmorning,

Unfortunetly this isnt working for me. 
    I can only connect once, the first time after a restart on both sides.
    After that i can only see the last screen freeze. 

grtz

• The solution from Julia did not work for me.  Lock on Session End is checked when I go to that menu.  If I click on Lock nothing changes.

• Julias solution didn't work for me either.  Would love to see a solution turned around quickly on this.  At this point I'll prob end up just downgrading everything to the more reliable V12

• Any update on this?

• I have the same problem: after connection is established the login screen is completely unresponsive. I have tried all the suggestions posted above, but nothing works. I am running version 13.2. I have tried re-installing TV, but still get the same problem. Where can I download version 12?

• Yuri_T
    Yuri_T Posts: 2,256 [Former Staff]

Hi  Bill_H,

Thank you for posting.

As we mentioned earlier, we are working on it at the moment, however you can get version 12 by clicking here until it fixes.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Best regards,

Former Japanese Community Moderator
  • Thanks for your response. Unfortunately TV was automatically updated to 13.2 on the remote computer I am trying to access, and version 12 of TV is evidently not able to connect to a computer running 13.2. Unless there is some way to remotely revert to version 12 on the remote computer, it looks like TV is leaving me high and dry until this bug is fixed.

/Bill

• Same here! Actions > Lock, doesn't allow me to check it. 

Remote computer has v13 so it won't connect. 

• They apparently do NOT read any of these. Terrible tech support.
  • ae6dx
    ae6dx Posts: 9

Any upddate on this?