New to Teamviewer

Hello, new to Teamviewer and here. Thankful for some help.

What is the difference between Teamviewer personal and Teamviewer business? What are the main differences and what are the limitations in each plan? Could I do and view more in the personal plan?

Can you use Teamviewer while having a video and voice call with someone on example Zoom or Adobe Connect? Will you able to see and hear two or more people have a conversation and see them in real time?

Tagged:

Comments

• Vatsilidis
    Vatsilidis Posts: 655 ⭐Star⭐

Hi @Merch550 

Welcome to the TeamViewer community.

This is a very good Get started - For personal-usage guide, as it will help you to learn and use with easy these products.

Further details for each license level you can find in this detailed webpage.

About the use of the TeamViewer app together with other apps, the Teamviewer app needs to have access to the port 5938 or 443 or 80, if the first is reserved, as described with detail in this article.

I hope this clears most of the questions you had.

Best regards

• Merch550
    Merch550 Posts: 2

Thank you so much for your reply. Regarding that I need to change the port, how do I do that and what if I use Zoom or Adobe Connect on the computer like a PC or Mac if the client is web-based and not an app? I have read the article but it dosen't state how to do it or if this is only needed when it's a app not on PC or Mac.

• Vatsilidis
    Vatsilidis Posts: 655 ⭐Star⭐

Hi

The port management difficulty level varies among each application you are using and also depends on other factors, like computer firewalls, router firewalls, and maybe others.

The easiest way is the simplest way in these cases. As far as I can remember, TeamViewer does not give you the option to change the port that it will operate. If you begin by this basic thought then in order to use two apps at the same time you must make sure that the ports they are using are not the same. If is the same, then you have to change one of the apps ports setting to use another one.

Usually, if you set a new port it must be around the same area of the first assigned port, or within some specific bounds that depend on the specific network layer, you are referring to. For example, if port 80 is taken by another app, then usually the new port it could be the 8080, but again you must know that this port is not used by another app. Please remember that is better to take a good search on the web in order to get more familiar with this material to having the know-what-I'm-doing when changing critical settings like ports. And always remember to write down what settings are you changed.

I hope to have transferred to you the main concept of port changing matter.

Best regards and welcome