No Password being Offered

Hey guys, need to fix a teamviewer login problem.  We tried to get on a clients machine and could not.  We started by installing a new Teamviewer 12 to a machine that we were not familar with, and believe that they were previously hacked or something, the customer is not quite sure, they are Seniors.  There was another Remote Program on the desktop that had a Business Name (that I won't mention) and did not recognise it.  There was also Citrix, along with the popular LogMe-In that accompanies it.  I tried to get rid of the possibly offending programs but they did not exist in Programs and Features, and ran out of time to use other methods.  

What was happening is, every time opening TV there was no password visible, and we even tried hovering our cursor in the Password Box as one site suggested.  I even reinstalled it, and checked all the Settings.  Along the way some weird stuff was happening, and seemed as though TV was installed before, so when I deleted TV I said to remove all the old settings also.  What I think is happening, is the old IT Guy/Company wanted to block any using Teamviewer, so I think we need to unblock in Windows Firewall, does this sound plausable?  I read this Thread here that sounded like the closest thing to what I was seeing.  https://community.teamviewer.com/t5/TeamViewer-General/Teamviewer-getting-blocked/m-p/15203#M8419

I'm not familiar with Firewall Whitelisting etc. so could someone point me to a good tutorial and I will practice before I go back to the customers house.  I see the Ports that TV uses at the link above, just need an easy to understand Tutorial if this is indeed what needs to be done.

Thanks, AdminMaster

Best Answer

Answers

• AdminMaster
    AdminMaster Posts: 8 ✭✭

Yes, we were getting an ID.  I will use this when we go back to customer.  I did see this same fix and copied it to my notes to try, though they were a little different than yours.  Maybe they were older directions, but they were for TV12.  And we did look through all the settings but did not see anything what helped.  I wonder why this would be set like this by Default?

Thanks, AdminMaster

• Scotty
    Scotty Posts: 493 Staff member 🤠

Hi AdminMaster,

I hope this works for you and please post again if it does not.

Normally, this is not a default setting. If it is there, it normally indicates that a custom host version has been installed previously and there is somehow a registry key hanging around from the previous install.

-Scotty

Senior Moderator
    Did my reply answer your question? Why not accept it as a solution to help others?
  • AdminMaster

I understand it is not the Default Setting because we use TV Daily and have a license to do so.  This is what I was thinking, or something like it "custom host version" that you mentioned, with a "registry key"  If so, could you tell me how to deal with this part of it, this would be different than just using the previous instructions right?  I want to be prepared for our next visit to the costomer, which will/should be very soon, maybe this week.

Thanks very much, AdminMaster

• AdminMaster

That was an awesome fix, thanks Scotty!  This really helped us out today because we were having other really irritating issues to solve also.

Thanks again, AdminMaster