AirPods audio problem

howardwrph
howardwrph Posts: 1

I have tried to watch a movie on my iPad which is hooked up to my PC using TeamViewer. I have no problem watching it until I tried to use my AirPods. The audio can only be played through my iPad speakers and not my AirPods even it's already connected. Does anyone know how to fix that?

Tagged:

Best Answers

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,984 Community Manager 🌍
    Answer ✓

Hello @fangaorne,

Thank you for your message.

Unfortunately, we do not support audio output with bluetooth headsets.

I thank you in advance for your understanding.

Cheers,

Jean

Community Manager

• JeanK
    Answer ✓

Hello @srl01,

What I mean with supported, is that in general, this use case should work flawlessly, as there are no software restrictions on our side regarding audio traffic in a Bluetooth headset context.

However, if for some reason this might not work, there is no technical support we can provide, as this dysfunctionality can be caused by many non-TeamViewer related factors (soft and hardware of the device, outdated Bluetooth headset drivers/software, settings of the Bluetooth headset...etc.)

I hope I could clarify your question regarding your last post ?

Best,

Jean    

Community Manager

Answers

• RazG
    RazG Posts: 8 ✭✭

Hello, I updated to last version of TeamViewer app on my iPhone and now suddenly I can't hear any sound through my AirPods.

Few notes to save time:

*PC sound works fine.

*Can hear sound from app through cable-headphone.

*Worked great before the update.

*Airpods works with everything else.

• fangaorne
    fangaorne Posts: 1

I am using Iphone XS Max (iOS 12.4.1) and connecting to my remote Windows 10 machine,

Once I am connected and I run something with audi on the remote maching, the sound comes from the iPhone's built-in speakers even when I am connected to the phone with my Bluetooth headset.

No other application on my phone does that.

How do I make the audio run through my headset?

• JeanK
    Answer ✓

Hello @fangaorne,

Thank you for your message.

Unfortunately, we do not support audio output with bluetooth headsets.

Cheers,

Jean

Community Manager

• srl01
    srl01 Posts: 4

Hello @JeanK  - could you confirm please ? Teamviewer certainly used to support this feature i.e. the ability to connect through the iPhone app to a remote computer with audio playing, and to hear that audio through a bluetooth headset connected to the iPhone. Hard to imagine why this functionality would have been deprecated to force audio only through the iPhone speaker; and as @fangaorne noted this is very unsual behavior compared to other apps.

Thank you.

• JeanK

Hello @srl01,

This feature is supposed to work and you should be able to hear the sound during a remote control session.

However, if the sound doesn't work while using a third-party product, is it impossible for us to know where the issue comes from.

Best,

Jean

Community Manager

• srl01

@JeanK  

Thank you for your response. However I (and others reading this - similar questions are dotted all over the forum so many have the same problem) am now a bit confused as you have said earlier in the chain that this feature isn't supported, and now you are saying it is.

Which is it please? To be clear, we are talking about using an iPhone to connect to a remote computer on which audio is playing, and having that audio be heard through the bluetooth headphones connected to the iPhone (rather than out of the speaker, which is what happens every time I try it and same for the OP).

For the record I have 3 different iPhones and though it used to be possible through at least TV12 I believe, now none of them allow this - remote audio only gets piped to the iPhone speaker even if bluetooth headphones are connected and active.

• JeanK
    Answer ✓

Hello @srl01,

What I mean with supported, is that in general, this use case should work flawlessly, as there are no software restrictions on our side regarding audio traffic in a Bluetooth headset context.

However, if for some reason this might not work, there is no technical support we can provide, as this dysfunctionality can be caused by many non-TeamViewer related factors (soft and hardware of the device, outdated Bluetooth headset drivers/software, settings of the Bluetooth headset...etc.)

I hope I could clarify your question regarding your last post ?

Best,

Jean    

Community Manager

• srl01

@JeanK 

I'm trying my best here but really not getting the sense that you've actually understood what we are asking about. Why would there be any issue with bluetooth drivers - the bluetooth headset is connected to the iPhone, and iOS does not have bluetooth drivers? 

Just like the OP noted, the currenet version of TV is the only iOS app I have ever found that forces audio through the iPhone speaker even when a bluetooth headset (or Airpods) is connected and active. That is strange, unhelpful behavior that did not use to happen with TV, and as you can see from this thread and a bunch of others where the same issue is raised, it a big deal for some of your users. 

• sadslug
    sadslug Posts: 2

Literally the same thing here. It USED to work on older versions of the teamviewer app (for at least a year+ I might add), but now it forces through my speakers for no discernable reason.

The feature definitely used to be there. It just doesn't work now, and hasn't for months. Honestly might be enough for me to find some other software if there's no fix. It's absurd that an app can't send audio over bluetooth when every single other app I have ever used is able to do this. I highly doubt this is an issue with the phone or the headphones especially considering IT USED TO WORK BEFORE! Using iPhone XS on current iOS, 1st Gen Airpods. 

Especially considering the fact that many major cell phone manufacturers are removing headphone jacks entirely, you're basically saying "sorry, no headphones for you" because unless I want to go buy an extra dongle and carry around two pairs of headphones just on the off chance I need to use teamviewer, well, I'd think it might be cheaper and easier to use Any other software.

Strange stuff indeed, and it's disheartening that support seems to have no answer for this. Industry standard features don't just vanish out of the blue.

• srl01

Thank you @sadslug.I know there are many of us who are really wondering about this. From other threads raising the issue, it seems like the support team just give up after a while.  

@JeanK  are you still listening? Chance for you to buck the trend here and help out a whole lot of your users, just by letting your programmers know that there is indeed something strange going on with the iOS implementation. 

• could you plz tell me what setting did you make on your iphone. Cuz I have the same question and it kills me.

• Nafj79
    Nafj79 Posts: 1
    edited October 2022

Hi,

I can not make Teamviewer Pilot work with AirPods. I want the sound from Pilot in my AirPods.

What can I do? And when will it work?

• qoodanny
    qoodanny Posts: 5 ✭✭

Still have the same issue in 2022

• qoodanny

Team Viewer not support any Bluetooth audio output

• qoodanny

Nope

• snowtravel
    snowtravel Posts: 4 Newbie

Not permitting Bluetooth audio—a technology that's been around for decades and is built into iOS and MacOS—is just one more reason I'll avoid Microsoft and its **bleep** tech. Buh-bye, Teamviewer!

• snowtravel
    edited January 18

Oh, and Microsoft is **bleep** ordinary English here. (The word starts with [removed per Community Guidelines]) So once again, bye!

• snowtravel

Gosh, actually teamviewer doesn't even permit so much as a Bluetooth mouse.

(Really? No...I mean, really?)

• snowtravel

Pardon, Teamviewer isn't MS...but yet another problem is, in Safari teamviewer.com won't let me edit or even delete my own comments. (Gosh I love this place, can't wait to come back!)