No sound from remote computer, worked previously

Cannot get any sound to come from the remote computer.

tested on other computers and no sound works either.

tried reinstalling TV, restarting computer, and even manually removing all registry entries.

Both computers run Windows 10, and any incomming connections have sound working fine.

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• LA
    LA Posts: 14

Was just about to add a topic of my own - exactly same symptoms as you. Sound had been working fine for years (we connect to a phone system to play back messages) and since latest upates (both running 12.0.78313) we can't hear any sounds. It's causing a big issue as this is a task we perform daily.

For sake of completeness we know the sound is working at the remote end.

• Capp-Ware
    Capp-Ware Posts: 1

I have been using the free version of Teamviewer for quite a while to access my home computer. Starting last week, when I connect, I cannot hear any audio at all. I have gone under Options and made sure "Computer Audio" is checked, on both ends.

This seemed to start after upgrading to the newest version.

I sent a message to TeamViewer on Twitter about a week ago, no response. So hopefully posting here will help. As it seems they have removed the ability to submit a support ticket for the free version and require posting in the community section.

• Same here.  Not sure if there is any direct tie-in to when the program was briefly down recently or not.

Unable to hear sound, regardless of computer or remote connection.

Attempted alternatve versions, I made sure the volume/sound settings on the other computers remotely weren't out of whack, nothing seems unusual there, I am at a loss.

Absolutely love the product but the audio not working is both frustrating and curious in trying to see how to resolve the problem.

• Rick92647
    Rick92647 Posts: 6

Same issue here. When in the past I've been able to hear sounds from 2 different remote computers, (win 8.1 and win 10) to IPad or iPhone. Recently, the sounds stopped working. 

• Reyhan
    Reyhan Posts: 269 Staff member 🤠

Hi All,

Thank you for your posts. Big thank @Rick92647 for your device information, this helped me to reporduce the same issue.

With the latest IOS remote app version 12.1.78517 you can't hear any computersounds.

I passed all information to the development team and hope for fast solution.

Best regards.

Reyhan

Did my reply answer your question? Please accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
    Reyhan
  • NYCNative
    NYCNative Posts: 17

I am not receiving volume from the remotely connected computer even though the settings say I should.

It was working fine until the last update which I did a week or so ago. I just updated again to 12.0.78716 Preview to see if that functionality might return and it did not.

I am using Windows 10 on both machines. This is very inconvenient.

• CAlliance
    CAlliance Posts: 1

Add one more to this thread.  Sound from audio and video files from remote computer would play fine on local, but now nothing.  Both machines are fully updated Win 10, running TeamViewer 12.0.78313.

• bhughes10
    bhughes10 Posts: 1

Mine stopped working this morning after an update. I kept getting a prompt about the microphone, this stopped after the update but I lost the sound from the remote PC. Not a real big deal but not right either.

I checked all settings and everything looks correct.

Brad

• NYCNative

I should add that I believe that version is the one that caused the problems. The one I had before that worked fine.

• cromero89
    cromero89 Posts: 1

Same problem here. After updating newer version sound stopped working today. Also before installing new version this internet call message kept popping up which was also annoying. Please fix this issue TV!

• bartlanz
    bartlanz Posts: 315 ✭✭✭

From a windows 10 PC to a windows 10 PC both on the current release 12.0.78313 It works for me.

Have you checked the check mark under Communicate for "computer sound"

tv ribbon sound.png

If my post was helpful, Please throw me a Kudos.
    If my post fixed your issue, please mark it as the solution to help the next person find a solution quickly.
    Bart Lanzillotti

• @bartlanz wrote:

From a windows 10 PC to a windows 10 PC both on the current release 12.0.78313 It works for me.

Have you checked the check mark under Communicate for "computer sound"

tv ribbon sound.png

It is indeed checked. 

• bartlanz
    bartlanz Posts: 315 ✭✭✭

....How about this setting?  "Play computer sounds and music"

tv Settings sound.png

If my post was helpful, Please throw me a Kudos.
    If my post fixed your issue, please mark it as the solution to help the next person find a solution quickly.
    Bart Lanzillotti

• @bartlanz wrote:

....How about this setting?  "Play computer sounds and music"

tv Settings sound.png

Yup, checked as well.

• Rick92647

Hi all- FIXED

All I used to do was access home PC's from my iOS devices (iPad and iPhones) to 3 different home PC's (windows 7, 8.1 and 10) After the last iOS app update, lost sound from hosts PC's. What fixed my issue was to delete the current iOS app version (12.1.78517) and I found a backup on iTunes from last June (Team Viewer version 11.0.60904) and restored iPad from backup. Tested on all 3 PC's and the sound now works. I did lose some files (pics, and had to restore some changed passwords) on the iPad, (should have backed up to different PC) but the files are replaceable. The newest version is still not working on iPhone. I guess I'll wait till I get an update that works on the iPhone before I update the iPad. Cheers all. (PS- there's probably an easier way to "restore previous app versions to an iOS device) lol

• Debbonair
    Debbonair Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited December 2021

I just installed this and the remote access works great, but how do I get the sound from applications running on the remote computer (desktop running Windows 10 home) to play on my local one (laptop running Windows 7 ultimate) The sound worked fine when I tried **Third Party Product**, but I couldn't get **Third Party Product** to occupy the enitire screen, there was a thick black border taking up nearly 1/2 the screen space so I went looking for a better program and found a PCmag article listing this as the best free remote access software...

• Rick92647

Hi all- Fixed iOS version for me. App still needs update

Hi all just the iOS part resolved.All I used to do was access home PC's from my iOS devices (iPad and iPhones) to 3 different home PC's (windows 7, 8.1 and 10) After the last iOS app update, lost sound from hosts PC's. What fixed my issue was to delete the current iOS app version (12.1.78517) and I found a backup on iTunes from last June (Team Viewer version 11.0.60904) and restored iPad from backup. Tested on all 3 PC's and the sound now works. I did lose some files (pics, and had to restore some changed passwords) on the iPad, (should have backed up to different PC) but the files are replaceable. The newest version is still not working on iPhone. I guess I'll wait till I get an update that works on the iPhone before I update the iPad. Cheers all. (PS- there's probably an easier way to "restore previous app versions to an iOS device) lol

• LA

Hi

In answer to the two previous questions re 'computer sounds' and 'share sounds and music' they are both checked on ours, have tried unticking and reticking but no joy.

Can we not call this 'fixed' please - I'm glad Rick's is working, but our issue is purely Windows so restoring iOS backups isn't going to help us!

• Rick92647

Revised my post. Sorry. And the iOS current version in NOT fixed, I only used an older version to resolve my issue. PC to PC still no sound.

• LA

Update for everyone following this thread - I opened a support ticket yesterday; have had a reply acknowledging the issue - it's a known problem in the current version and is with developers for a fix.

• Glassdub
    Glassdub Posts: 79 ✭✭

Good to hear someone is working on this I've wasted many hours troubleshooting on my end.
    Both PCs are Win 7, no shared audio.

• [Advertising link removed]

• NYCNative

Yes, all of the settings are set where I should hear sounds from the connected computer and I am not.

Also as others mentioned, thsi has nothing to do with other operating systems. I am connecting two machines both of which are running Win10.

And as stated this happened once I upgraded. I would be happy just to have the old version sent out because it worked fine... :(

• Debbonair
    Debbonair Posts: 2 ✭✭

No help at all??

• cuniac
    cuniac Posts: 1

Everything was working fine and then no more audio. I dont undertand what ahppened. I've tried to change verious settings butnothing works remotely.

• Reyhan
    Reyhan Posts: 269 Staff member 🤠

Hi All,

Thank you for all your contributions :smileyhappy:

The issue is fixed!!! I am pleased to announce that we have a new release for the TeamViewer IOS Remote App.

Please make an update to version 12.1.79134 CL....now you can hear again your computer sounds on your IOS device.

Best regards.

Reyhan

Did my reply answer your question? Please accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
    Reyhan
  • NYCNative

Which helps the majority of us who are using it on WIn10 machines, not at all...

• LA

Exactly...

Do you have a release date / time for a working version of Windows clients please?

• NYCNative

This is ridiculous... The OP and most of the posts in this thread are talking about Windows PC to Windows PC. Then one or two people hijack the thread about a similar problem with IOS and you fix that but have ignored the main issue.

I am going to put Version 11 on my two computers and see if rolling all the way back to then will work.

https://www.teamviewer.com/en/download/previous-versions

• Rick92647

@NYCNative Sorry, I did not mean to hijack the thread. I am not too tech savvy, I kinda expected the issue to be across all platforms. Funny thing is, my PC to PC (win 8.1 to 10 and 7) has always had sound. Maybe I'm on the old versions? Agreed to you're response about how they address one issue, and not others.

cheers.