Overdue invoice error

Bobby2
Bobby2 Posts: 3
edited June 2023 in Licensing

Hi,

An I.T guy came to our office to do some support and he used my teamviewer to do some remote access. Now there must be a problem with his account as I am getting an error saying an account with an overdue invoice was used on this device. So I made myself a teamviewer account to try and clear the error but I am still blocked.

How can I remove this block?

Thanks

Bobby

Tagged:

Best Answer

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,984 Community Manager 🌍
    Answer ✓

Hello @Bobby2,

Thank you for your message and welcome to the TeamViewer Community! ?

This is indeed, a very unfortunate situation. If a TeamViewer license that has a payment default is used on a device, the TeamViewer ID of this device gets blocked until the overdue invoice is paid. You will find all the information you need regarding this topic in our Knowledge Base article here: This device has been blocked

I would highly recommend you to contact our customer support directly: https://www.teamviewer.com/en/support/contact/ 

Best regards

Jean 

Community Manager

Answers

• Hi I have been trying to opt out of renewing my subscription as we are now using TeamViewer via our NinjaRMM platform.  Our accountant called in to support with no luck.  Now my teamviewer account has been blocked.  Please help.

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,984 Community Manager 🌍
    Answer ✓

Hello @Bobby2,

Thank you for your message and welcome to the TeamViewer Community! ?

This is indeed, a very unfortunate situation. If a TeamViewer license that has a payment default is used on a device, the TeamViewer ID of this device gets blocked until the overdue invoice is paid. You will find all the information you need regarding this topic in our Knowledge Base article here: This device has been blocked

I would highly recommend you to contact our customer support directly: https://www.teamviewer.com/en/support/contact/ 

Best regards

Jean 

Community Manager

• Bobby2
    Bobby2 Posts: 3

Hi Jean,

Thank you for getting back to me.

I tried contacting support, I got the phone number  +49 (0)7161 60692 50. When I called it was not in english. So I was unable to get any help.

When I click to submit a ticket it just takes me back here to the community.

How do you suggest I proceed?

• BrianjG
    BrianjG Posts: 2 ✭✭

I've only ever had a free account with 2 computers on it so I'm not sure I'm being asked to pay an invoice. I've no way to log a ticket.

• gb123
    gb123 Posts: 2 ✭✭

Hello!

A few weeks ago, I had to connect urgently to a computer before a meeting. I couldn't remember my password, so I used a friend's account (both should be free). It appears that he had an overdue invoice -- and now my connections are completely blocked and depend on an overdue invoice i'm not related to.

I'm a free user, I have no relation to this overdue invoice. How can I release my account? for it's not reasonable to hold my account hostage for other people's debts.

Thank you!

• rasieger
    rasieger Posts: 2 ✭✭

I am trying to use my free version and the system thinks I am a corporate account. I did, at one time, have a corporate account, but that company was closed down almost a year ago at this point, I don't know how my personal email address got associated with this.