PC to MAC - version matching, etc

Options

Trying to get someone not too familiar with computers up and running on their macbook so I can comm with them from my pc. It's installed ok at both ends except that on the mac end there is a warning that it is not up to the rev level that's installed on the windows pc at my end.

This is not browser to browser. Using installed apps. Goal is as easy as possible to get going on the mac end.

First, can I comm w7 to mac using the apps or must I be browser to browser?

If I can use the apps, what is the easiest way to get the mac to the windows rev level and what should the rev level be today on the mac to mate with my 15.8.3 ? By easiest i mean for downloading first, as she couldn't find any Help in the screen that was up when we were trying to connect. If restart TV via the app icon, what is the easiest way to get her to the update pick, and is there anything else that will be needed to be done to enable comm between us? IF there are too many extra hoops past the download for her to jump thru then this will all be a waste of time, as I'm not a mac person and won't be able to direct her how to get to where she needs to be to make changes. Then the question will become what other way is there to get comm between us using TV with less complexity for the operator on the mac end.

Can I believe the mac message at all, ie, is Teamviewer really allowing downrev installs to be downloaded by default via the download link? And if so, wth?

tnx

Rich

Comments

• rscheuerer
    rscheuerer Posts: 5 ✭✭
    Options

Trying to get someone not too familiar with computers up and running on their macbook so I can comm with them from my pc. It's installed ok at both ends except that on the mac end there is a warning that it is not up to the rev level that's installed on the windows pc at my end.

This is not browser to browser. Using installed apps. Goal is as easy as possible to get going on the mac end.

First, can I comm w7 to mac using the apps or must I be browser to browser?

If I can use the apps, what is the easiest way to get the mac to the windows rev level and what should the rev level be today on the mac to mate with my 15.8.3 ? By easiest i mean for downloading first, as she couldn't find any Help in the screen that was up when we were trying to connect. If restart TV via the app icon, what is the easiest way to get her to the update pick, and is there anything else that will be needed to be done to enable comm between us? IF there are too many extra hoops past the download for her to jump thru then this will all be a waste of time, as I'm not a mac person and won't be able to direct her how to get to where she needs to be to make changes. Then the question will become what other way is there to get comm between us using TV with less complexity for the operator on the mac end.

Can I believe the mac message at all, ie, is Teamviewer really allowing downrev installs to be downloaded by default via the download link? And if so, wth?

tnx

Rich