Password Randomly Changing

I use the free version of TeamViewer primarily to serve as support for my mother (who is 91 years old).  All has been well over the years but several months ago I was not able to get into her computer.  I knew that I had written the password down correctly but the system told me that I was entering the wrong password.

I have finally had a chance to visit her (have not done so since February, due to the virus) and found out that the password I need to enter to see her computer had somehow changed.  It appears that every time she logs in that password get changed.  At least I not know that she will need to email me the password each time she has a problem.

Is there any way to get the system to stop changing this password?  It is difficult enough to explain to my mother how to log into TeamViewer so having a single password that I can use to access her computer would be very helpful.

(P.S. I have read messages on this from several years ago but the answers appear to refer to perhaps the professional version.)

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• GLSmyth
    GLSmyth Posts: 7

Thank you for the response.  Unfortunately, I did find that solution listed but it does not work for me.  I tried to use the Insert Image funtion in this editor but it is not working for me, so I posted what my TeamViewer screen looks like at http://glsmyth.com/temp/Untitled-1.jpg

As can be seen I do not have a Security option and have not found it hidden anywhere.  Perhaps I will see the screen you are showing me when I log into her computer (I have not tried yet)?

Thanks -

george

• Fiona_G
    Fiona_G Posts: 689 Staff member 🤠

Hi @GLSmyth,

Thanks for your reply.

You can find Extras > Options > Security from TeamViewer application full version. Please download the latest version from our website.

You need to change this setting on the remote computer (in your case that's your mother's computer). 

I've included our KBA - All about passwords for your further reference. You may have an interest in the Easy Access feature.

I hope this solves the problem.

Best regards,

Fiona

Fiona_G
  • GLSmyth
    GLSmyth Posts: 7

Thank you for the response.  I guess I will need to wait until I visit her again to download the latest version, as TeamViewer must be closed to reinstall.

george

• Fiona_G
    Fiona_G Posts: 689 Staff member 🤠

Hi @GLSmyth,

Thanks for your reply.

If you can connect to her computer via a random password, you can try Remote Update/reboot/change settings during the remote control session. For more information, please check out - All about the TeamViewer Remote Control Toolbar.

Kind regards,

Fiona

Fiona_G