Possible automatically open both monitors in fullscreen?

I have saved a remote computer that has two monitors. I also have two monitors, identical set up on client. When I connect to the computer I have to:

1. Click view, then monitor 2, it will open in full screen.
2. I have to exit full screen, then move window to the second monitor.
3. Then I have to click the icon to make it fullscreen.

Is there no way I can just save the setup, so that it automatically opens both monitors, and makes both full screen?

Comments

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,973 Community Manager 🌍

Hello @JamesT

Thank you for your message.

Unfortunately, there is no option that saves settings for future connections.

Using the TeamViewer toolbar is the only way to set it up.

I thank you in advance for your understanding.

Cheers,

Jean

Community Manager

• ardokirsipuu
    ardokirsipuu Posts: 2 ✭✭

I have been having the same issue for years. Any updates on this matter? Are there any plans to improve the situation?

It's really frustrating to do exactly the same steps each and every time I connect to the remote computer. Why won't Teamviewer remember the view layout from the last connection and reuse that?

OR: at least Teamviewer could open the second remote monitor in the second local monitor instead of opening it on top of the first one (step 1 from original post - we wouldn't have to do steps 2-3 anymore then). This should be relatively easy to implement. And if it's considered confusing/dangerous/etc UX wise for some then make it as an option off by default.

• FFF_DS
    FFF_DS Posts: 1

Same question / feature request here. I imagine with more and more people working remotely this could save a lot of time.

• megamills
    megamills Posts: 2 ✭✭

James has worded his question perfectly.

I would have thought the elimination of repetitive steps would be a primary goal of almost any software. 

Like a batch file/replay.

Why has this not been included as a new feature?

Regards

Mark

• megamills
    megamills Posts: 2 ✭✭

Very quiet in this area. No answers to a simple question. Why?

• jbergua
    jbergua Posts: 0

I think this feature would awesome, and easy to implement. Cheers TW Dev team, go for it!

• AndiHess
    AndiHess Posts: 1
    edited August 2023

**Third Party Product** can do it....

• HodaMoodi
    HodaMoodi Posts: 1
    edited August 2023
  • hoda_moodi
    hoda_moodi Posts: 4 ✭✭

what third party product can do this

• hoda_moodi
    hoda_moodi Posts: 4 ✭✭

is it possible to solve this problem by scripting or by API?