Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

Prevent Teamviewer to interact with Windows-audio mixer

We use teamviewer a lot to serve our customers. We don't use the audio-features of teamviewer at all. We use a Voip-app  called Xelion to make and receive phonecalls.

very often when talking thru Xelion with our customers, teamviewer is lowering some windows-mixer fader(s)  so that i can barely hear the phoneconversation.

i have disabled every single audiofeature i could find (within teamviewer), but still teamviewer is touching the windows audio-mixer  every time i start a new teamviewer session.

is there a way to disable this forever?  i don't want teamviewer to touch ANY of the windows audio features.

1 Reply
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon
Solution

Re: Prevent Teamviewer to interact with Windows-audio mixer

i might have found the solution myself:

There is an audio-feature within Windows itself to lower volumes when other (phone)audio-applications are being used.

tv1.pngtv2.pngtv3.png

these screenshots are in dutch,  but make sure the last dialogwindow  is set to "take no action"  (windows default is set to  lower volume 80%)

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon
Solution

Re: Prevent Teamviewer to interact with Windows-audio mixer

i might have found the solution myself:

There is an audio-feature within Windows itself to lower volumes when other (phone)audio-applications are being used.

tv1.pngtv2.pngtv3.png

these screenshots are in dutch,  but make sure the last dialogwindow  is set to "take no action"  (windows default is set to  lower volume 80%)

View solution in original post