Purpose of Setting up Unattended Access

What is setting up unattended access used for on teamviewer? What is the purpose of setting this up? What is the difference between setting up unattended access and just entering your partner's ID in the control remot computer section, to connect to another device?

Best Answer

• JoshP
    JoshP Posts: 894 Community Manager 🌍
    Answer ✓

Hello all!

Unattended access via TeamViewer allows you to connect to a remote device when there is no one in front of it to accept the connection or provide you with the credentials to connect. This also allows you to access the device at any time in the future.

@MaxSmith the following article describes how to set up unattended access:

If you do encounter any issues in the process please let us know here so we may further assist.

Have a great weekend!

Josh P.

Senior Community Moderator

---

Answers

• MaxSmith
    MaxSmith Posts: 1

I am trying to set up a session with my mother in laws computer so I do not have to travel 30 miles there to work on it. How do I set this up?

• JoshP
    JoshP Posts: 894 Community Manager 🌍
    Answer ✓

Hello all!

Unattended access via TeamViewer allows you to connect to a remote device when there is no one in front of it to accept the connection or provide you with the credentials to connect. This also allows you to access the device at any time in the future.

@MaxSmith the following article describes how to set up unattended access:

If you do encounter any issues in the process please let us know here so we may further assist.

Have a great weekend!

Josh P.

Senior Community Moderator

---

• denzational
    denzational Posts: 1

How do I connect to an unattended devices?