Remote Printing

I'm on a MacBook Pro tunneling to my Windows based work computer.  We have a premium license for our company.  I understand there is a way to print on my home printer directly from the work computer.  I've downloaded the print driver (I think), but that's probably on the work computer.  I saw  that I may need to have some sort of XPS viewer app on my mac?  I'm in version 15.5 teamviewer and I have MacOS Catalina v 10.15.4.  I've looked for a couple of "free" xps apps and have seen several paid apps, but haven't pulled the trigger on any yet.  Recommendations on one that works best?  Also next steps to make this work would be very helpful.  Hoping someone else had this issue?  Any help would be welcomed, thank you! 

Comments

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,984 Community Manager 🌍

Hello @MpSPR,

Thank you for your message and welcome to the TeamViewer Community! ?

Maybe this article will help you out: TeamViewer Printing on macOS 
    All the information about remote printing via TeamViewer is in there.

I hope this could help. ?

If not, do not hesitate to ask your questions here. ?

Best regards

Jean

Community Manager

• MpSPR
    MpSPR Posts: 2

Thank you @Jeankfor the article, it was somewhat helpful.  I downloaded an XPS viewer app for mac OS, but found it was a temporary access and I'll have to purchase it to move foward.  One problem I had, was the ability the print the document in the correct size.  The XPS program magnified the text outside of the margins, so printing was basically useless.  There were no settings available to modify the text before printing.  Not quite sure where to go from here.  I don't want to purchase the app if it doesn't allow me to fix the view that is being printed.  Do you have any recommendations on an XPS app for mac OS that you know works (compatible) with teamviewer?  Thank you. Mike

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,984 Community Manager 🌍

Hello @MpSPR,

Thank you for your message. ?

As stated in our article, we do not recommend/support queries regarding the XPS viewer. It will be your part of decision-making. ?

Extract of our article:

Please note: Free XPS Viewer software might come along with restrictions like limited page numbers. Please check for the viewer software that fits best your needs and note that TeamViewer does not provide any kind of support for this third-party software.

I hope you will find the best fit for you. ?

Best regards

Jean

Community Manager