Remote Screen Not Updating

Hi All,

I'm using Teamviewer to work remotely on my laptop. This configuration has been working fine for over a year without issues, however when I tried to access the remote laptop yesterday, Teamviewer would try and initialise the remote screen and go no further.

After numerous attempts with no success, I found that if I left a Teamviewer connection attempt running and opened up a second connection, I could then sometimes get a connection on the second stream, however on the occasion where Teamviewer connects, I can see the desktop of the remote machine, but the view is frozen. However, I can still control the mouse and keyboard.

The laptop at each end has had no changes, other than possibly the standard Windows 10 updates that occur in the background.  

Both systems have been restarted many times and I have tried fixes for similar problems posted on the internet, such as disabling hardware accelleration, but no difference.

Any ideas?

Tagged:

Comments

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,984 Community Manager 🌍

Hello @Echobot

Thank you for your message and welcome to the TeamViewer Community! ?

Next time it happens, could you try to Refresh the remote screen within the remote control session?

You will find how to proceed here:

Refresh remote screen.gif

I hope this could help. ?

If not, do not hesitate to ask your questions here. ?

Best regards

Jean

Community Manager

• Echobot
    Echobot Posts: 2

Hi Jean,

Thanks for your input.  The screen refresh was the first thing that I tried but it made no difference.  I also tried accessing the remote end from two other computers located at this location and they all exhibited the identical issue.  I'm not in a position to try and re-install Team Viewer at the remote end, but that would be my next step unless anyone else has a better suggestion.

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,984 Community Manager 🌍

@Echobot

This would have been the next suggestion I would have told you to try. ?

If by any chance you manage to do it, please uninstall TeamViewer completely by following this procedure:

Best regards

Jean

Community Manager

• Hi have the same problem.

It doesn't matter if it is a old laptop og new, fresh installed windows and newest teamviewer.

The problem appers as soon as the lid is closed, and standby is disabled. But af soon there is picture on the screen there is no problems.

• DRN_Softrol
    DRN_Softrol Posts: 2 ✭✭

I am having the same problem with one PC. we just updated to: the version below. And it is still going on. The process is we attach and everything works for 1 min. Then no updates on the remote (My PC). Users at the site see mouse moves and window changes but it does not show up on MY PC. Sometimes it works for over an hour. Any suggestions?

• DRN_Softrol
    DRN_Softrol Posts: 2 ✭✭

PS it says we are running the free version. Not sure why as we have a multi user license with TV