Announcements

Did you already try the new Windows 10 October 2020 Update?

Share your feedback and experience with TeamViewer on the new Windows build with our developers here.

Highlighted
Posted by
Electron

Remote control connection drops - advice needed

Hi,

I was wondering if I could get some help on an issue that I am having with the remote connection tool (I have a free version but looking to purchase a license). I am able to connect initially between my PC and my tablet to control the tablet remotely and seems to work just fine during the day. However, when I come in the next day, the connection between the two devices is lost and I have to manually re-connect to establish the link. I tried to work around this by keeping the PC and tablet "awake" overnight, but that didn't seem to keep the connection. My question is whether there is a way to maintain the PC and tablet remote connection indefinitely without have the manually re-connect? Thank you for your help. 

2 Replies
Highlighted
Posted by Senior Moderator Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Re: Remote control connection drops - advice needed

Hello @Vee1 

Thank you for your post.

Is this an Android tablet or a different manufacturer? If Android, it could have to do with Eco Mode - you can disable Eco-Mode in the Advanced settings of the Host app to see if this helps.

Josh P.
Senior Moderator

If my reply answered your question, help out other users and click the Accept as a Solution  button below.

You can also say thanks by clicking on the Thumbs Up button!

Thanks for being an active member of our Community!

Japanese Community (日本語コミュニティ) |  Chinese Community (中文社区) |  German Community (Deutschsprachig) | French Community (Communauté française) | English Community | Spanish Community (Comunidad española)

Posted by
Electron

Re: Remote control connection drops - advice needed

Hi JoshP,

Thank you for the advice. Yes, it is a Samsung tablet with Android. Will try later today and see if this works.

Thank you for your help.