Script error upon exit of Teamviewer 15

I am not new to teamviewer, but this is a new installation on a new PC.  I see others have had the same issue using previous versions of Teamviewer with no solutions posted. 

When I close Teamviewer, I get the following script error: https://www.googletagmanager.com/gtm.js?id=GTM-T9RD3NN

And whether I choose YES or NO to run the script, it next goes to an offer to subscribe to the newsletter.  It does this upon closing Teamviewer each time.

TV1.pngTV2.png

Tagged:

Comments

• This is the error I get every time I exit the program.

• mLipok
    mLipok Posts: 781 ⭐Star⭐

I think this is due to yours security rules in IE browser, as I suppose TV is using IE to display this content.

Regards,
    mLipok , AutoIt MVP
  • IMHO, this script error has nothing to do with security rules or with Internet Explorer. The error occurs when opening TeamViewer rather than when exiting from it. It is a serious bug in TeamViewer that needs to be addresesed ASAP. Thanks.

• mLipok

Did you check if IE is in TaskManager ?

The script error could be fired when content is loaded , or i time when is closing.

Regards,
    mLipok , AutoIt MVP
  • What does TV have to do with IE?

• Overtonesinger
    Overtonesinger Posts: 2 ✭✭

I am getting the exact same error here on a recently clean-installed (on a standard  Skylake Core i5 desktop with iGPU and 8GB RAM + M.2 SSD) Win 10 x64 (CZ) with the latest AVG Antivirus without AVG Firewall component.

It fires when I close the "TeamViewerQS_cs.exe" (filesize: 9 607 112 bytes, compiled / last mod. on 17.02.2017 19:13:16 ).

Is there any workaround how to fix or avoid this, please ?

• mLipok

@groucho7 wrote:

What does TV have to do with IE?

Any windows APP can embend IE ActiveX object (entire browser without menu).
    This mean that this is easy to use IE in your own APP to display remote content.
    Some part of remote content could you scripts, which can bo bloced by your local IE setting.

btw.
    Just click RightMouseButton on the conent with this TeamViewer form and see what you have there.

Regards,
    mLipok , AutoIt MVP
  • With all due respect to the MVP,  his answer in hardly a solution. It is at best an explanation. On some PCs this script error occurs both on opening TeamViewer and on exiting from it.. It makes using TV impossible. The TV developers should find a fix for this ASAP.,

• mLipok

@groucho7 wrote:

With all due respect to the MVP,  his answer in hardly a solution. It is at best an explanation. On some PCs this script error occurs both on opening TeamViewer and on exiting from it.. It makes using TV impossible. The TV developers should find a fix for this ASAP.,

I agree, this should be fixed.
    I'm only showing to you my concepts of possible cause of the problem.

btw.
    What is that form which is showing in OP screenshot ?
    I ask as I do not remember If I ever seen it on my computer.

Regards,
    mLipok , AutoIt MVP
  • This newsletter sign up form opens after exiting Teamviewer 12.

It doesn't open every time (for some reason it did it every time before and now just randomly), but the person I was helping through Teamviewer 12 also had it happen, and got the same error message when it did.

• Try adding the following line to your "HOSTS" file ...

127.0.0.1       s.adroll.com

That fixed the problem for me.

• NrVx
    NrVx Posts: 1

Worked for me too :)

Thanks!

• mLipok

@treefrog001 wrote:

Try adding the following line to your "HOSTS" file ...

How you found this fix ?

I know more or less what I would do, but I would like you to describe the process of finding a solution, for all those interested in this thread.

by the way.
    I've even another interesting comment, I hope, but it depends on your answer.

Regards,
    mLipok , AutoIt MVP
  • Worked for me as well.

Thanks treefrog001 !

• @mLipok wrote:

How you found this fix ?

This is just a generic workaround that I've used many times in the past to tame similar misbehaving scripts. It simply redirects the call to a script on "s.adroll.com" to LOCALHOST on your PC where, instead of generating an annoying popup, it does nothing. This isn't really a fix, but happily it works to suppress this particular annoyance.

• phaze
    phaze Posts: 1

Can you explain how to do this?  Thanks!

• groucho7
    groucho7 Posts: 5

This is best a workaround not a solution. The TamViewer developers should fix this ASAP.

@treefrog001 wrote:

Try adding the following line to your "HOSTS" file ...

• Philippe
    Philippe Posts: 2

Please check this link to learn how to change your host file:

https://www.howtogeek.com/howto/27350/beginner-geek-how-to-edit-your-hosts-file/

You have to add the below line at the end of the host file; as suggested by groucho7 :

127.0.0.1       s.adroll.com

Best

• Chivas
    Chivas Posts: 3

Ok this works for me too but I hope it will be fixed by the team ;)

• Jeremy
    Jeremy Posts: 106 Staff member 🤠

Hi folks,

Just a quick note for you all, that we are aware of this issue and our developers are currently working on it. I'm hopeful of seeing it resolved sometime soon.

We'll keep you posted when we get more information.

Regards,
    Jeremy
    TeamViewer Quality Assurance Engineer
  • Hi,

Any news in this matter, since this issue is still there with "TeamViewer QuickSupport" version "v12.0.83369"?

But it's another URL now:

"https://js.usemessages.com/messageswidgetshell.js"

Best regards
    Mike

• Winky
    Winky Posts: 1

I have the same problem, it's annoying, anyone knows why it happens?

• VYZ
    VYZ Posts: 1

Hi all,

I have exactly the same issue for this problem (but i have installed last version 13.0.6447 of TV and my OS is Windows 10 )

When I quit the program I see the alert: Script Error with trying to open this URL

https://www.googletagmanager.com/gtm.js?id=GTM-5R286M

And I do not want modify My Windows local hosts file adding this

127.0.0.1 googletagmanager.com which redirect to https://www.google.com/analytics/tag-manager/

and when I open URL with chrome or edge I see this :

(probably a fu*** writing error) and exceed 20,000 characters for the post and one hour to find the right HIGHLIGTHED ERRORS on this community forum not easy

• Noticed this morning while exit TV13 started to get this script error:

www.googletagmanager.com/gtm.js?id=GTM-5R286M

Uninstalled it and reinstalled it but it's doing the same thing.

Can TV team look into this? Thank you.

• virtualG
    virtualG Posts: 5 ✭✭

Exactly the same URL.

Running TV13 in Windows 10 Home v.1709.

• virtualG
    virtualG Posts: 5 ✭✭

Not a solution. Just info that might help diagnosis.

After clearing check box at Internet Properties > Advanced > Browsing > Disable script debugging (Other), exiting TV13 brings up window titled "Webpage Error" with msg "Line 5 Error: Object doesn't support property or method 'keys'" (see image below).

Untitled.png

• I'm not using IE. It has nothing to do with the browser.

• The box that pops up has IE embedded into it. Usually it's a very old version, hence the errors. This has nothing to do with whether or not you use IE. 

• same problem using windows 8

• Thank you TV team. I've checked this morning and the error script message disappeared. Case closed.