Spam

Is anybody else receiving this? It looks like spam. I want to know how someone that I don't know could request to be on my contacts list.  Are our TV ID's being broadcast publicly to anybody? I thought they were private only between me and whoever is on my TV contact list.

--------------------------

Hello,

TRACY-PC would like to add you as a contact in his/her TeamViewer contacts list.

To accept TRACY-PC as a contact please click the following link.
https://login.teamviewer.com/Cmd/Process?lng=&token=7437660d-eda7-4c3c-a66f-8f6ed975a85a

Regards,

Your TeamViewer Team
-----------------------------
www.teamviewer.com

TeamViewer GmbH * Jahnstr. 30 * 73037 Göppingen * Germany
Tel. 07161 60692 50 * Fax +49 (0) 7161 60692 79

Registration AG Ulm HRB 534075 * CEO: Andreas König, CFO: Dr. Thomas Nowak

If you do not wish to receive this type of email from TeamViewer, please click on following link to unsubscribe:
[link removed]

Comments

• Scotty
    Scotty Posts: 493 Staff member 🤠

Hi F1Globaltech!

Thanks for your post.

This email does look like the genuine TeamViewer messages advising you of a pending contact request. However, if you are uncomfortable with clicking a link within the email, you can open TeamViewer and under the notifications (Flag) icon in the software, you should see the contact request that you can accept.

I hope this helps!

-Scotty

Senior Moderator
    Did my reply answer your question? Why not accept it as a solution to help others?
  • jelabarre59
    jelabarre59 Posts: 25 ✭✭

Nope.   This solution may have worked 3 or 4 years ago, but there is nothing in the TV client to even see private messages, and the "Messaging" section of the website has no way to delete, block or report a message.  For that matter the TV website won't even recognize the message as "Read", so it sits there forever in "New" state.