Starting internet call kills audio

I've search previous postings and answers but don't see this exact issue.  When I connect to an unattended remote PC, the received audio and all desktop remoting is perfect.  On my end, the TV microphone volume bar moves perfectly when testing my mic but when I start an internet call, the received audio stops.   I see the remote audio device responding to my voice but I don't hear any remote audio.  As soon as I turn internet call off, the received audio is perfect again.  It appears to be simplex rather than duplex communication. I'm trying to listen to and talk through a radio on the remote PC.

Is this a TV issue or a Windows10 sound issue?  Has anyone fixed this issue?  I've tried changing the Windows sound device properties to/from "listen through this device", "let this device have exclusive cntrol", "default/communication device" and nothing in Windows seems to change the results.

Thanks for any ideas.

Comments

• TomasVästerås
    TomasVästerås Posts: 2 ✭✭

I have the same issue. There is probably a good (?) reason. In that case, it would be nice if someone could explain why this does not work.

I want to remote control my old father's computer(which he is not able to control himself) and let us both listen to streaming sound from his computer and also be able to talk with each other. Maybe this is the same as k5wa wanted to do.