Stuck At Login When Connecting to Mac

Hi, I've had a problem logging in from Teamviewer on the Mac to another Mac since I've installed Sierra.
Right now it just goes to the login screen, and when i try to login, it just shows the login screen without the password. I've disabled the login from the other party's Mac, but it still goes to the login screen.

Anyone have any idea how to resolve this?

Comments

• matsrade
    matsrade Posts: 2 ✭✭

Hi! 

I am having this problem too. I figured out that if I close the "this was a free sessios...." dialogue on the desintation mac it will work again. But only once since the dialogue will show again after the next remote session. 

Anny official response from Teamviewer about this?

Regards

Mats

• matsrade
    matsrade Posts: 2 ✭✭

A workaround to this problem is to reboot the mac remotely and then it will work. Since obviously that will remove the dialogue.

Regards

Mayts

• I'm having the same problem with Teamviewer 13 and both Macs running OS X 10.13 (High Sierra).

• DanielM
    DanielM Posts: 3 ✭✭

(Almost) The same issue here. When I connect from a Windows PC to a Mac I can only see the login screen and I cant find a way to fix it.

• DanielM
    DanielM Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Got it fixed here! Just installed the latest v12 of TV on the Mac and it worked. I also installed the latest v13 of TV to make sure that I have the latest version.
  • I have this same problem. Mac-to-Mac session basically only works once because after I disconnect from the remote Mac, TV leaves a "this is a free session" dialog present. This blocks any future TV sessions. Really makes little sense and certainly doesn't inspire me to upgrade to a paid license. 

TV....where's the fix?

• I am also having the same issue where I can connect once and then I can't connect again after that. I also can't remotely reboot the Mac through TV as this options is greyed out.

Has anyone found a solution to this issue?

• Has anyone found a fix or a work around for this yet? I am running the latest version of TeamViewer. I can connect to my MacBook at home, it is at the login screen when I do, but I am unable to click on my user account and login. I get the cursor, but it is almost like it is frozen at the login screen. I do not have the ability to put in my password to login because the password blank never comes up. I cannot remote lock or reboot either when first logging on with Teamviewer. The only way I can login, is to have my wife physically go to the machine and log me in. After that, I can do what I need to do remotely.

• AK4IJ
    AK4IJ Posts: 8 ✭✭

I tried every trick I could, but to no avail.... with the help of a friend on the other end and the Teamviewer support staff I found that the only "temporary fix" is to downgrade all computers to TV12. Forget TV13 as it is broken for Macs at this time. Now that I downgraded I don't have any problems.

• AK4IJ

Oh, I forgot to mention... set your preferences on all your TV computers to " no automatic upates"  which is in the "advamce" section of TV preferences. 

• Downgraded to v12 and everything works as it should. I guess v13 is a dud.

• alexd125
    alexd125 Posts: 6 ✭✭

I'm using the paid version and it still doesn't work.

Don't think that paying makes the program more reliable, it doesn't.

• alexd125
    alexd125 Posts: 6 ✭✭

It doesn't work on Mac.

It also doesn't work on PC.

It also doesn't allow commenting on it's failures.

• MikeC
    MikeC Posts: 1

Hey all. I think i found a fix. It actually seems to be a Mac issue. Well, not really an issue but some system preferences need to be adjusted. I originally had TV 12, then it upgraded to 13 and it was working fine until i've upgraded my Mac to High Sierra. That's when my remote sessions stopped working. I've downgraded back to TV 12 hoping it would work, but still no luck. I was still stuck looking at the login screen from the remote device. So i started poking around the Mac's system preferences. What i did to get it working was i went into the Mac's System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy Tab and where it says "Allow the apps below to control your computer," make sure TV is in the list AND checked off. If it is already in there, remove it then add it back and check it off. I then backed out and went into Security & Privacy > Firewall > Firewall Options and added in TeamViewer to allow incoming connections. After I've done these steps i was able to remote back into my Mac with no issues! Also was able to upgrade back to TV 13 & 14 Beta. Hope this helps you all! 

Screen Shot 2018-10-30 at 6.28.48 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-10-30 at 6.22.14 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-10-30 at 6.32.21 PM.png

• AK4IJ

What you describe is accurate as far as making the remote mac able to accept control by any version of Teamviewer. In fact, the Teamviewer website outlines this procedure to enable remote control in Mojave by another computer. It's a new feature which Apple uses to make sure that no program can control that remote mac without it being given permission to do so ahead of time by the owner of that remote mac. 

The problem is that under TV 13 (unless a further update has solved the issue) you cannot even access the remote mac's preferences to do the above procedure to enable Teamviewer as you have shown. The remote cursor won't move to even log in to access the remote mac's preferences. Unless things have changed, TV 13 would freeze on the remote Mojave or High Sierra log in screen and would not let you set up the computer to use any version of TV.  

I had to get a friend to go and sit in front of the remote mac and tell him how to downgrade to T V12 (that does not have the "frozen cursor" problem) and then to open the remote mac's preferences and do what you outline since I could not do it myself. I also had to set my TV preferences to not allow auto updates (in the advanced section of TV preferences) so that it would not update to TV 13 again until the TV team fixed the original problem.

In other words, the original problem in TV13 would not allow you do what you recommend. 

2 separate problems, one is the TV13 frozen cursor on the remote, and the other is the new procedure you need to do to allow remote access once the cursor isn't frozen anymore.

Hope this isn't too confusing.....

• hbjoerge
    hbjoerge Posts: 1

Have you had any luck solving the problem with tv14 preview?

• AK4IJ

I have not updated to TV 13 or above. Am still on TV 12 on all of my computers. I am waiting to hear that others are o.k. with a later version or not. It's too much trouble to update and have to downgrade again. Since my computers are 6,500 miles apart, it's just not convenient to ask a friend to do it again.

Has anyone with a Mac on Mojave or High Sierra upgraded to a version above TV 12 and is not having the "frozen cursor" problem? In other words, has the problem been fixed?

• jaywdice
    jaywdice Posts: 1

I downgraded everything to 12 and still can not log in. It's like mac changed something IMO.

• I found a solution, you need to go to to the bar on top and click send ctrl+alt+del and it will let you type in your password

• go to the actions tab on top of your screen and click " send ctrl+alt+del" and it will bring up the password entry box.

• Killerkit
    Killerkit Posts: 2

I posted a work-around a while ago but Ill repeat it for you.

First attempt to log on as usual. Sometimes I get a black screen and other times I can see the log on window but the cursor is static. For either ocurrence type your password and press enter even if you see nothing happen. Randomly this will log you in. If nothing then close the session. No need to restart TV or reboot your device..
    Second attempt. double click your Mac from the TV window and the login window will appear this time with the cursor actively blinking. No idea why it takes two consecutive attempts but it never fails for me.

• This worked for me also with one change. I also had to set my mini oSX to autologin at restart.