Stupid Default Permissions?!

I just installed Teamviewer & started first session with a tech support from a company I bought one of their services,while he was on the phone.

when the session ended,I started exploring the Teamviewer options,,changed the language to English and saw this the Default Setting was: Full Interaction with FlieTransfer:Allowed & RemotePrinting:Allowed!!!

Which seems insecure and stupid to be a default setting!

so my question is Why on earth is this the default setting?

and how do I know if any files/folders from my computer were transfered or printed by the remote person who had access?!

Thx

Tagged:

Comments

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,984 Community Manager 🌍

Hello @digitalmg

Thank you for your message and welcome to the TeamViewer Community! ?

You are correct - the default setting of TeamViewer gives to the user the full feature package and capabilities of the software with no restrictions. It is in the power and responsibility of the user to set up restrictions if needed.

If you want to make sure no one is transferring files to or from your computer, please follow these instructions:

1. Open TeamViewer
    2. Go to Extras, click on Options
    3. Go to Advanced
    4. Go to Advanced settings for connection to this computer, in the Access Control menu, Select Custom settings. Click on Configure... and set Transfer files to Denied
    5. Go to Advanced settings for connection to other computers, in the Access Control menu, Select Custom settings. Click on Configure... and set Transfer files to Denied

2020-08-05 12_26-TeamViewer options.png

2020-08-05 13_49-Access Control Details.png

I hope this could help. ?

If not, do not hesitate to ask your questions here. ?

Best regards

Jean

Community Manager

• Hi,

I already made these changes,but I dont think this should be the default setting,or at least show an alert or warning that this is the setting and ask the user to accept it or customize it.

Anyway,is it possible to see if any files or folders were transfered during the session?I tried the log file but it is not humanly readable.Any simple way to know if anything was transfered from my laptop?

Thanks

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,984 Community Manager 🌍

Hello @digitalmg

Thank you for your opinion. It is always valuable feedback to improve our product. ?

The logs are the only location where you can get in-session information.
    There is, unfortunately, no simplified log file version.

Best regards

Jean

Community Manager