TV to TV Remote Connection

drbajb
drbajb Posts: 10 ✭✭

I normally use Teamviewer to remotely connect to my niece's desktop computer 700 miles away and it works perfectly.  Can I somehow also install Teamviewer on our Smart TVs so that I can see her TV screen remotely and if so, how do you do it?  Do you just add it as a Smart TV  App like You Tube, Hulu, etc.?

Tagged:

Comments

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,973 Community Manager 🌍

Hello @drbajb,

Thank you for your message. ?

It will depend on the TV manufacturer you are using.

Please check in the application store of your TV if TeamViewer is available.

Best regards

Jean

Community Manager

• drbajb
    drbajb Posts: 10 ✭✭

I contacted Samsung TV and they told me that their OS platform is proprietary and is not available to Teamviewer.   However, I discovered that the remote Sony Bravia TV that I want to connect to is Android-based.  If I install the Anrdoid-based Teamviewer on the Sony TV, will I be able to see its TV screen on the monitor of my personal desktop computer which has Teamviewer installed on it?  I don't want to CONTROL the TV (which will be done by the TV remote control by the viewer), just SEE the TV screen as it is controlled by the user's remote control.

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,973 Community Manager 🌍

Hello @drbajb,

This is something you might need to test to figure out if screensharing is possible for this TV.

Best regards

Jean

Community Manager