TalkTalk SPAM service blocks TeamViewer client.

## If you can think of a better Commmunity section feel free to get this re-located.##

I spent an interesting few hours over the weekend trying to initially remote setup then on site at a friends PC trying to get Teamviewer or any other Remote Support System to function.

After ruling out the PC Firewall, Anti Virus Solution and the Routers firewall ports, I eventually got a Teamviewer connection by re-directing the DNS to Google for that PC.

A conversation with the user and a look on the TalkTalk MyAccount indicated that the TalkTalk Anti SPAM service is active which is great for protecting the Children but no help at all for remote support. On Checking with TalkTalk there is no support for allowing such remote support so the only option offered is to turn off the anti SPAM service which is not desireable. Leaving the DNS redirected bypassing the TalkTalk service is equally not acceptable so this only leaves editing the HOST file to bypass the DNS for specific sites. I did this for the main teamviewer.com site but it does not allow the client to communicate  therefore I am assuming there are other specific exceptions required.

Does anyone know what DNS entries will be required in the HOST file to allow Teamviewer  to resolve ? I am assuming a slew of server names and IP's by country. I only need UK but the full list may help others with a similar issue.

Comments

• Esther
    Esther Posts: 4,052 Former Community Manager

Hi @MACE 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our Community.

Yes - this board is the perfect spot for your message :-)

Here are two posts which you might find interesting in regard to what you were experiencing on the weekend:

TalkTalk Imposes Extensive Traffic Filter in the UK

Re: Teamviewer Website Blocked

I hope you´ll find this information helpful.

Thanks and have a great evening,

Esther

Former Community Manager

• I have 2 iphones, and can not get the quick support to connect. They both say "Not ready".

I have used both 4G and a landline Router network and both still say "Not ready"

The 4G network is Vodaphone and the router is a TalkTalk Huawei Router and I have tried both the Port Mapping and Port Triggering (there doesnt seem to be any direct way of just opening up a port. 

The port I have mapped is 5938

I have tried a lot of different things and am at a loss of what to do next.