Team Viewer Management Console - Custom Fields

Hello

At the moment we are using TeamViewer Manager for our Connection/Contact Management. Because TeamViewer Management Console should replace TV Manger we are considering a migration to the cloud tool. However we got some questions.

We have multiple custom fields in TeamViewer manager for example, Windows User Name, Windows Passwort, Primary Contact and so on. 
Especially the Windows Login Credentials are really important for us so we can see directly in the TV Manager which password we need to acces the customer server. 

Now my question, can you add custom fields to the Team Viewer Management Console? Because I did not see any option in the Cloud interface to do this.

Thanks for the answers

Comments

• Yuri_T
    Yuri_T Posts: 2,256 [Former Staff]

Hi joshua_lehmann,

Thank you for your message.

Yes - We do have the custom fields in the Management Console as well. Please follow the below instruction for setting them up.

1. Log in with the credentials of your TeamViewer account into the TeamViewer Management Console.
    2. Open your company profile settings in the top right hand corner. Please keep in mind: You will need a valid license (requires Premium or Corporate license) and a company profile to use the custom fields.
      TeamViewer Management Console.png

3. In the Advanced tab, please click the Add new field button and create user-defined custom fields and save your settings.Management Console 2.png

4. To find the defined custom fields in your Computers & contacts list in the Management Console, please hover over the device you would like to adjust with your mouse, click on the button with the gear wheel on it and click on Properties. Management Console 3.png
    5. Under Advanced you will see your custom fields and here you can type in your individual information. Please note: You might have to re-sign into the Management Console before you can see the custom fields. 

As an addtional information, this might be helpful for you as well:

When you click the General tab, rather than clicking the Advanced tab, you are also able to type any information of the device in Description. This information will be shown in the Computers & Contacts list of your TeamViewer software as well.5Management Console .png

I hope this information helps you.

Best regards,

Yuri

Former Japanese Community Moderator
  • @Yuri_T

Do you have a way to remove these custome fields?

My issue is that once i created a custom field i am no longer to move a device to or from a group. when i try i receive the below message stating "TeamViewer doesn't support moving devices containg custom fields data".

TV popup.png

• Yuri_T
    Yuri_T Posts: 2,256 [Former Staff]

Hi @Psutton

Thank you for posting.

Unfortunately there is no way to remove the custom fields. 

However, we are aware of an issue that we cannot move devices to other groups if they have custom fields and our developers are working on this issue.

I apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Best regards,

Yuri

Former Japanese Community Moderator
  • What is the resolution to move a device if it has no custom fields? There are no custom fields defined in the company profile nor for any specific device.

• OUR
    OUR Posts: 8

"Unfortunately there is no way to remove the custom fields"

WHAT?  that is totally unhelpful ... not a proper system at all.

• Per2
    Per2 Posts: 1

before enabling the custom fields, is this still the case???

if we decide to add custom fields, we will not be able to remove later on if needed?

thanks,

Per

• Is there a way to view these custom fields in a list view or is the only option to dive into each device?