Team Viewer keeps changing access password

Options

We recently installed TV 14 onto our document server, and a problem I've been having with it is that, whilst the ID number stays the same, it seems to keep changing its password. I can't find a setting to stop this. 

Can anyone help me?

Dev

Best Answer

Answers

• Dev22
    Dev22 Posts: 6
    Options

Thank you for explaining. I've set up a Static Password now. Much appreciated. Dev

• jagman55
    Options

I HAVE Unattended Access checked and it STILL changes, I am the only one at EACH end so need a static PW.

• jagman55
    Options

I am the only user and one pc is at one end of my house and the4 other the other end of my house and cant run back and forth everytime [am handicapped]  Any other suggestions to stop it Both Pcs are on the same private router.

• Renegade98
    Renegade98 Posts: 1
    Options

That has been the most annoying thing about teamviewer,

• meggem41
    meggem41 Posts: 4 ✭✭
    Options

This changing of the password everytime I log in is not in the best interest of Teamviewer or myself. My brother who is at the other end is 94 years old, and trying to tell him that the password has changed AGAIN is getting very old.

I wish I would understand the reasoning behind this sudden change by Teamviewer. I can't ask my brother to get a Statis Password, because He wouldn't know what I was talking about and I am 2500 miles away from him.

Need some help - MC

• GSN_AHill
    GSN_AHill Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Options

Not sure if it helps, but a quick look at the settings in TV15 under TeamViewer Options | Security | Random password (for spontaneous access), there is the "Password strength" setting which allows 4 different settings: 6-characters, 8-characters, 10-characters, and "Disabled (no random password)"

Also, under Advanced | Show Advanced Options | "Advanced settings for connections to this computer" there is an option for "Random password after each session" which by default seems to be set to "Generate new" but can be changed and set to "Deactivate"

I haven't tested any of these options myself, but you can give those a shot and see if it helps.

Personally, if I am using TV in a single location to connect to a machine at the same location I install TeamViewer Host on the target machine, enable Options | General | Network Settings | "Incoming LAN connections" and set it to "accept exclusively" so that I can just connect using the machine's IP address and not have to log in with an account.

Hope any of that helps one of you.