Team Viewer on my Chromebook

I have installed team viewer on my work computer and my Chromebook at home. It will not let me login unless I call work have someone sign into my computer and give me the new password. Oh my password changes daily so that's issue as well. Can I run unattended remote access on my cromebook?

Comments

• Same problem here, did you solve the problem?

@patiencehrrs wrote:

I have installed team viewer on my work computer and my Chromebook at home. It will not let me login unless I call work have someone sign into my computer and give me the new password. Oh my password changes daily so that's issue as well. Can I run unattended remote access on my cromebook?

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,984 Community Manager 🌍

Hello @patiencehrrs @Playfulldk @northern511 and @kdev 

As we say...better late than never! ?

We are happy to announce that you can now share the screen of your devices running ChromeOS. ?

If you want to connect via unattended access, please use the TeamViewer Host.
    If you want to connect spontaneously, please use the TeamViewer QuickSupport.

You will find the download links here:

Alternatively, you can also download these versions directly on our website here: TeamViewer for Chrome OS

Please also find additional information here: Supported platforms - Chrome OS 

Feel free to share your feedback!

Have a good end of the week. and stay safe! ?

Best,

Jean

Community Manager

• MrPurple6411
    MrPurple6411 Posts: 1
    edited June 2022

The issue I am finding with this is 2 fold.

1. Even when I have the TeamViewer Host running on my Chromebook it still requires me to accept the share from the Chromebook. Meaning it is NOT Unattended Access.
    2. When I do accept and say it can share the screen all I get on my PC is a black screen.
  • m2c2
    m2c2 Posts: 1

You replied to my review to come here to post my problem, but it appears that this issue is not only in need of your attention, but in fact widespread to the point of "common"! It's also worse than I'd thought, in that if I could get someone to "allow" screen sharing, all I would get is a black screen!

• My TeamViewer Host review on Google October 31, 2022.:
    • NOT "unattended"...it still requires someone to accept an incoming connection; even after installing "Quick Support".
    • Your reply on November 2, 2022
    • The Host app should allow Unattended Access - the QuickSupport app does not provide such support. Please re-install TeamViewer Host and try again. Should the issue persist, please provide us more info in our support community so we may work to resolve such a case: https://community.TeamViewer.com Thanks in advance

Still this...