TeamViever v14 last, uses 50% of my i7 CPU

Why ?

Windows 10. TeamViever v14.2.2.2558
I not connected to remote computers, but now my i7 CPU at 4.2ghz is used by 50% ??????

What are you doing on my computer ?

Comments

• This is happening to me as well on three seperate computers. Also noticed "Service Host:Local Session Manager" is also running high CPU pegging my CPU at 100%... When Teamviewer is forced closed, that Service Host drops to under 1%.

• dimkud
    dimkud Posts: 2

Yes, for me also "Service Host:Local Session Manager" is using ~50% of CPU with TW.
    in total ~100%

When click Exit from TeamViever menu - program didn't exit from Process Manager, it still used my cpu.

I had to manally "Stop Process" ..

• Todd_in_LA
    Todd_in_LA Posts: 10 ✭✭

Same problem, same CPU. TeamViewer service returns to runaway status after restart, also.

• Todd_in_LA

Uninstalling the TeamViewer Windows Store app stopped the runaway TV service on my laptop. I had both TV Desktop & TV app installed for a long time without any issues until this latest TV Desktop update.

• Thermal_Ions
    Thermal_Ions Posts: 1

I also have this issue. Same Teamviewer version, but with an i5-4440 processor. I have never had the windows store version installed.

• Todd_in_LA

Unfortunately uninstalling the TV app didn't fix the TV service runaway.

Yesterday I also uninstalled TV desktop app, restarted and reinstalled TV desktop. This morning the runaway TV service problem is back.

• Was also having the same problem, fixed it by uninstalling with remove settings, restart, reinstall. Seems to be working well even after a restart

• Todd_in_LA

Thanks for the idea, AdmiralAR1. Unfortunately, your solution didn't work for me. I tried uninstall with "remove settings," rebooted, reinstalled TV desktop, and just 30 mins ago TV service went wild, again. I went to Services, shut it down and set it to manual start. UGH!

• rodrigoamds
    rodrigoamds Posts: 3 ✭✭

Hi!

Me too.

Dell Inspiron i7-6700HQ going from 100% cpu to 6% after stopping Teamviewer 14 Service.

Please advise.

Thanks.

• Todd_in_LA

I've also learned that the runaway occurs even without the TV SERVICE running, just the TV Desktop (not Windows AppStore) app. Yesterday, I quit TV app & stoppped service, disabled the TV service, restarted TV app running (and logged in to my TV account), and found it, again, went runaway after some time (don't know how long).

• Same on Surface Go.

Eat 100% CPU.

• Same here multiple PCs **bleep** are they doing with TV14 im about to just uninstall it from everyone and downgrade back to 12....

• skes
    skes Posts: 1

same here on mac os mojave

• TTLucian
    TTLucian Posts: 1

Mee too. Local Session Manager spikes the CPU. Closing TeamViewer drops CPU usage to normal.