TeamViewer 12 Ubuntu has fewer features than Windows version

Hi, we just purchased the version 12 update for our Corporate license. I'm not too happy to notice that the Ubuntu version has fewer features than the Windows one. I was looking forward to the QuickSteps and Leave Note features, but they're simply not there. No Home button either and all that is accessible from that button. I understand that there are many more Windows users out there than Ubuntu (or other Linux), but it's not like we're free users. At the price we paid for our license, I'd expect the same features on all supported platforms. And yes, I activated the new license in both my account and in my TeamViewer application. Unless there's something wrong with my installation, in that case I'd like to know. Thank you.

Comments

• MagaliHeroux
    MagaliHeroux Posts: 4 ✭✭

One of my colleagues (another Linux user) also lacks the same features in his TeamViewer 12, so it's clearly not a configuration issue. Are there any plans to integrate those features in the Linux version in the future?

• MagaliHeroux
    MagaliHeroux Posts: 4 ✭✭

Since I'm not getting any replies here, guess I'll open a "feature request" ticket. Thanks anyway.

• ChristianCay
    ChristianCay Posts: 182 [Former Staff]

Hi MagaliHeroux,

Thank you for your feedback.

Did you already submit the Feature request?

We may submit it for you if needed.

Best regards,

Christian

Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
  • NW-IT
    NW-IT Posts: 8 ✭✭

@ChristianCayeven if the OP didn't submit a feature request, please pass this for us! (I clicked 'Me too' ...)

Linux users pay the same price for TeamViewer, but with quite a small subset of features available to Windows users. Also, the changelog for TV12 (Linux tab) is not accurate: there is no Remote Sticky Note, nor Simplified Client Interface (and I'm not sure about Remote QuickSteps).

• ChristianCay
    ChristianCay Posts: 182 [Former Staff]

Dear NW-IT,

Just to let you know we submit the feature requests when you submit them you request them. 

Such ideas are always welcome, although we can not promise when or if this Feature will be implemented.

Decisions for new features are mainly based on customer's suggestions.

Nevertheless, your feedback is crucial to us, as we want to continue to develop TeamViewer-based on our user's need.

If you have any further questions regarding our product, feel free to contact us.

Best regards,

Christian

Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.