TeamViewer Host Add-On won't install

Resurrection Remix 5.6.9 (Android 6.0.1)
TeamViewer Host 12 (from play store)

I get the prompt that my device supports the remote control feature but the addon refuses to install. I click install and it just fails and says "App not installed."

I've tried all the QS add-ons from the store and they all don't work. Apparently I need the AOSP 1 version from the teamviewer site but when my ticket is unanswered after a week.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Comments

• Scotty
    Scotty Posts: 493 Staff member 🤠

Hi noobiee,

Thanks for posting!

Unfortunately, as we require authentication keys from the manufacturers to allow remote support, only stock ROM's are currently supported. Your device is likely a supported device which is why the app is prompting you to install the Add-On, but it cannot be installed due to your custom ROM.

I am sorry for any inconvenience.

-Scotty

Senior Moderator
    Did my reply answer your question? Why not accept it as a solution to help others?
  • Barnabas
    Barnabas Posts: 1

Hi Scotty,

I have the same problem but with Akai iLike X1 device. Is there any solution for the problem?

I really appreciate your answer in advance.

Best regards,

Barnabás

• nEON7
    nEON7 Posts: 1

@SUpersym wrote:

It's work! :)

https://www.reddit.com/r/teamviewer/comments/5qh8fv/android_app_not_installed_when_trying_to_install/

ROOT needed, but thanks!

Spoiler
    le-isis 2 years ago
    Hey! I had the same problem and after a lot of messing around, I got it to work by installing it as a System App. You will need root. I'm not sure if you can just install it as a System App with something like Lucky Patcher, but what I did was:
    1. After TeamViewer downloads the QS Addon APK, retrieve it from Internal Storage/Android/data/com.teamviewer.host.market/files/Download/TeamViewerQSAddon.apk

2. Use a file explorer that has root permissions and the ability to change files and folders permissions (I use ES)

3. Create a folder in /system/app/ or /system/priv-app/ named TeamViewerQSAddon with rwx r-x r-x

4. Put the APK in that folder and change its permissions to rw- r-- r--

5. Reboot and it should work! Tested on my OPPO Find7 running CM13.1

• levity
    levity Posts: 1

@nEON7 thx. that still works great on my samsung sm-p605 with los 14.1 👍️