TeamViewer Host GUI crash / hidden on Windows 10

Hi folks,

I got an issue with a Windows 10 pro machine. Installed TeamViwer Host, lastest version and whenever it launches (at startup or otherwise) I get to see briefly the config window and then it's gone. Almost instantly after that the icon dissapears too, like it crashes.  However if I open task manager I can see the app running and the corresponding service also.

If I kill the app & service and it springs back or I relaunch it manually, the same thing happens. On the remote site, I can't connect to the machine because it's not even configured. 

I uninstalled it and installed full Team Viwer app. The same thing.

I then reinstalled Windows clean and I reinstallted TeamViwer. Same thing. Can it be a graphics driver collision? I'm asking this becuase if I connect my monitor to the dedicated Nvidia GPU I can access TeamViewer, configure it but can't remote access into that machine (team viewer client saying wait for the connection too long).If however I drop back to the Intel iGPU (integrated) TeamViwer GUI starts acting immediately (hiding or crashing).

Weird! How can I launch the TeamViwer app from command prompt with a log or something so that I can see what is going on?

Sorry: Windows 10 novice. I'm more on Linux, macOS but need Windows on that specific machine.

Comments

• ndhamani1970
    ndhamani1970 Posts: 1

I have used TV to remote connect from my company laptop to my home computer for years now. I launch TV and run only from the company laptop, and then login to my personal TV account to access my address book. Recently, I've launched it, selected "run only", and "personal" but that's the last bit of GUI I see; the TeamViewer.exe *32 process is listed in Processes, but no GUI to interact with.

EDIT: the corp laptop and home computer are W10x64