TeamViewer Quick Support view mode not showing pointing hand anymore

I´m aware of the limitation that seem to be in orde to remotely control a Moto C due to some manufacturer limitation.

After performing a factory reset to my handicaped brother's Moto C, running Android 7.0  and reinstalling Quick Support 14.2.130 that I frequently use to help him, I have noticed that not only Remote control remains without working and only viewing is possible, but also a very useful "pointing hand" that was available before is no longer appearing.

I would like to kwon if there was some pluggin or add on required to have this usefull feature, that helped me providing better assistance to my brother. Even though seems that the ideal remote controlling feature will not be available for this model, it was very usefull to have the possibility to show him where to click, with this this sort of "pointing hand" that I was able to control from my phone or remote desktop. For some reason, is not appearing anymore.

Thanks and regards for your support,

Esteban

Best Answer

Answers

• AlenaC
    AlenaC Posts: 918 Moderator

Hi Piaggioe,

thanks for your post. 

Please check if remote control is permitted under the Motorola setting.

If not, please activate the remote control function and the pointing hand should appear automatically. There is no additional add on required.

Please contact us if you have further questions

Best,

Alena

Spanish Community Moderator :)

• piaggioe
    piaggioe Posts: 3

Alena, Thanks a lot for your prompt reply!!

Sorry for the delay, but the phone belongs to my brother and was not possible to coordinate before with him.

I was navigating though Moto C Settings, and couldn't find and remote conrtol option, as it is for instance in others samsungs or my huawei P9. I have also checked in Quick Support App permisions but nothing there as well.. 

Any hint where else can I check if remote capability is enabled?!

Thanks again and regards!!!

Esteban

• piaggioe
    piaggioe Posts: 3

Hi Alena,

I'm not sure having changed anything (but problably after so many tries), but fortunatelly, the "pointing hand" is back again!!!

Thanks a lot for your support!!

Esteban

• AlenaC
    AlenaC Posts: 918 Moderator

Hi Esteban,

great :) 

Have a nice day!

Alena

Spanish Community Moderator :)

• Same problem, same device, same android. These settings are not available on ANDROID 7 !!! "1) Menu --> settings 2) then security and if you scroll down, you will find apps with special access." These settings are for ANDROID 8 and up!