Commercial use - Connection time out

Comments

• Skillz
    Skillz Posts: 6

Yeah there is no way to fix this. What's funny is only one of my computers is blocked. I can use Teamviewer from the others, but none of them have monitors/keyboards/mouse connected to them at all times. Only my desktop, gaming rig does. So that's useless to me.

I went ahead and downloaded, installed and have been using **Third Party Product**. No need to worry about Teamviewers shady business practices.

• GracePC
    GracePC Posts: 2 ✭✭

Thank you Josette for the advice.  I'll check into it.

• greguva
    greguva Posts: 1

I am using a free license to connect my work computer in an academic environment (I'm faculty at a med school) to my home computer. I've been doing this for several years without issue. All of a sudden, today when I first connected, the session quit after a few seconds and I got this message on my work computer: "Connection blocked after timeout. Your license limits the maximum sessions to a partner, immediate reconnects are blocked. Please try later or upgrade your license. Connections to this partner will be blocked until 13:50." When I was finally able to reconnect (much later than 13:50, with several unsuccessful attempts after that time), my session timed out again after 39 seconds. Help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

• Yeah.. in the same boat!  I just got it after eyars of using this software.  I mainly use it to acces my htpc, that doesnt have a keyboard or mouse.  Also my gaming desktop from laptop... so strange.

• Arivik
    Arivik Posts: 1

Hi I got commercial use popup - Please reinstating my free license I have a home lab that didn't have a DC in it until I decided to deploy one. So it might be homelab situation and that I'd be happy to provide even photos showing what I'm doing
    Also using these devices in my house just for me and my wife and kids (to control if they are doing homework and not watching youtube …) and some times (very rare) help support my parents in another country. Let me know how can I proof, please.

• Bnard
    Bnard Posts: 1

So this is cool. I tried to connect to one of my PCs and it says "WE ARE SORRY FOR THE INTERRUPTION! Your conenction has been blocked because of very high activity level"

and it doesn't let me then connect to the computer. Well yeah no **bleep** I have a high activity level. I have been trying to connect with it not allowing me to. So why is it blocked? 

I have tried emailiing support but Teamviewer support is about as talkative as a mute. 

• Skillz
    Skillz Posts: 6

@Keither5150 wrote:

what do you suggest in place of teamviewer.....

**Third Party Product** is your best solution for leaving Teamviewer.

They want to filter **bleep** n here. 

• breese
    breese Posts: 5 ✭✭

High activityHigh activity

I am free personal account license.

All this is happening on One Machine in my account. When I move to a second machine, all works as expected.

First I was getting timeouts after 1 minute of use. Not I get "We are sorry for the interrupion, Your connection has been blocked for a High Level of Activity"

There has not been any high level, matter of fact, I have not been on Teamviewer on this machine for a few days....

• IrvSp
    IrvSp Posts: 7 ✭✭

@MikeyGee wrote:

Go here and plead your case...

https://www.teamviewer.com/en/support/commercial-use-suspected/

Did that and the PDF way last week, so far, now reply back.

I think I've seen others that had this happen as well.

Either something in TV broke and they need to fix it and it will take time (if so, why not tell us that) or they are trying to maximize profits as they've probably had an uptick in users due to the Pandemic and think a large percentage of FREE users are now running a business helping others they might have visited before?

• Josette
    Josette Posts: 18 ✭✭

Thousands of us have done this. We receive an email stating that our ID's are reset, yet nothing changes.

• IrvSp

@Skillz wrote:

**Third Party Product** is your best solution for leaving Teamviewer.

I got it down, tested it and I like it. However in the past there have been some reports that it has been 'infected'. Some, yes, are old, but I guess one should only get it from the true source.

•  

90 seconds of use before being permanently cut off with an accusation of "COMMERCIAL USE DETECTED", during strictly personal use accessing my other computer in the bedroom from my laptop on my living room couch, is not "Free for personal use".  Obviously you've permanently lost a user, but as a parting suggestion, you should stop lying and pretending you still offer free use for personal use, since you no longer do, and stop falsely accusing personal users of "COMMERCIAL USE" as an excuse to prevent free personal use. Nobody is obligating you to offer a free option, but since you don't anymore, you should not advertise that you do. Users dislike companies that lie.

Lying that we will get 5 minutes of use when we in fact only get seconds before being cut off makes the situation worse. 

Furthermore, an honest explanation of what is happening, rather than wasting users' time and frustrating them with repeated messages that they will be able to connect again at a certain time, only to perpetually tell them when that time arrives that they now much wait longer again, and never actually let them connect again. Intentionally providing a frustrating UX has cost you a user.

Apparently TeamViewer understands nothing about user experience. I'm really shocked after this many years that you've opted for such an unprofessional, amateurish, dishonest way of terminating your longtime free  personal use offer. Ok, message received. I'm sorry you chose to go about it this way. 

I would have considered subscribing, but because of the horrible way you handled this, I've subscribed to your competitor **Third Party Product** instead. Goodbye, TeamViewer, you've sacrificed potential customer loyalty apparently for no reason whatsoever. Dishonesty and frustrating user experience is no way to try to get potential customers to subscribe. 

• Josette
    Josette Posts: 18 ✭✭

Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be any help here. You are in the same boat as thousands of us. There is no responce from TV at all. There are some alternatives out there, but I hear many have bugs. I downloaded **Third Party Product** [removed per Community Guidelines]

• Hah, they actually censored the name of the competitor. Truly, TeamViewer has adopted despicable tactics on all parts of their operation. Obviously they know customers are fleeing, and instead of offering better service than competitors, they just try to hide the names of competitors. What an awful company you've become. Goodbye forever. 

• bazbsg
    bazbsg Posts: 112 ✭✭

@IrvSp This has nothing to do with covid. THis has been going on for years befor ethe pandemic started.

• bazbsg
    bazbsg Posts: 112 ✭✭

@greguva By TV's definition, you ARE a commercial user. 

• Its getting old. every time I connect to a windows PC from my IPAD teamviewer app it seems to kick off a "commercial use" detected... it's really getting old.  All i am doing is connecting to a windows 7 or windows 10 laptop...

• igardea
    igardea Posts: 1
    edited March 2022

have the same error, trying to reset the usage, downloaded the form then tried to submit the form but their site **bleep**, Teamviewe just became a fraud company.

• I started useing remove control via **Third Party Product**. it's fine. did like teamviewer better. but i'm done having to contack them each year to make it private again. it's just so stupid that I have to do so when i clearly the first time they claimed I used it for comercial use. explaine what I was useing to for. and they unlocked it. from that point on they should just have winged we for private use. but no the locked my account 4 times. and this time I can't get it opened again since you can't sumit a ticket anymore.

• se-kl
    se-kl Posts: 1

Free user!  Getting message "Unable to connect. Connection blocked after timeout. Your license limits the maximum session duration ..... Try later or upgrade your license."    Connection only stays open for a few minutes before this message appears.

• Loganx1121
    Loganx1121 Posts: 1

I had a pop up saying I was using teamviewer for commercial use.  I contacted support and they gave me a form to sign for a declaration of private use, which I signed and emailed back to them the same day or the day after.  I have since replied to the same email twice asking for confirmation of receipt of the document and I haven't heard anything back.  I submitted the form on October 8th, and emailed again on October 12th.

Not sure how long this is supposed to take but I'm a bit crippled trying to help friends and family with computer issues without teamviewer for almost a month.  Any guidance would be helpful. 

Thank you

• KGUD-Production
    KGUD-Production Posts: 3 ✭✭

We use Teamviewer so 2 of the 3 volunteers at a small radio station can do the content programming for the station.  I, the IT guy for the station, also use it for system support.  We are extremely hampered by this problem:

Teamviewer has been working for some time and the configuration (below) has not changed.   We are getting the "upgrade to current" message even though we are as current as out platform allows but we are still enduring the 5 minute session timeout "motivator".  Today, our primary user was *successfully connected*, then he had the session time out, and when tried to immediately reconnect but now gets "unable to connect (unknown reason)".

None of the other devices I use to connect are successful either with slightly different wording.

I rebooted the remote system and checked for internet capability.  Teamviewer does not work for me with the same kinds of messages.  It doesn't work even when I am on the same wifi subnet as the remote machine.

Configuration:
    The one computer that the 2 volunteers remotely connect to is a Windows XP system.  Recall that I said it was working through a session earlier today.  We get the "you must upgrade to the current version" (for our platform) and we get the message that "your version of Teamviewer is the most current" -- so there is no newer version (for Windows XP).

The clients that fail are Mac, a Windows 7 PC, 2 different Android tablets, and an Android smartphone.

• breese
    breese Posts: 5 ✭✭

Really? In the middle of this virus???Really? In the middle of this virus???

Still happening!!

I have been using this application to support family members for years and now in the middle of this Virus this starts happening?

• A number of days ago I went to do some updates to my home PCs and started getting the commercial use message, causing my connection to abort after a minute of use.  10-15 connections later I was finally able to finish the updates.  I then filled out the 'usage reset' form to have the commercial flag cleared, which was successful.   2 days later I attempted to connect to my PC again and received a Connection Blocked "Your connection has been blocked because of very high activity level" response.  2 days after that message first appeared (with obviously no usage, since TV won't let me connect) I'm trying to connect again and still getting the same error.

I filled out the 'commercial reset' form after the first occurrence, just in case, to no avail.  (I've received the reset confirmation email both times I submitted the reset PDF)

I've logged in to the web UI and cleared out all listed sessions (prompting my computer to log back in), as well as cleared all trusts, except for the system I'm trying to connect to.  The issue still exists.

Has anyone else ran into this, and does anyone know how to clear this (or connect to an actual support rep that can)?

• George1957
    George1957 Posts: 4 ✭✭

Hi Esther,

I use TV exclusively to help my 89 year old Dad in Poland, about twice a week. After getting the "commercial use suspected" message I diligently followed the support instructions and completed the Declaration of Private Use form. It was submitted a whole month ago and there has been absolutely no response from support since. I've trawled the knowledge base and community posts for means of contacting support by phone but this seems impossible for users of the free version of TV so what else can I do to get a response from support to my submission please?

The case number for my submission is TV:**Please do not post TeamViewer IDs** in case that helps to get it moved forward.

Your help or advice would  be greatly appreciated as in these Covid times my Dad is extremely isolated without my ability to help him remotely.

Thanks and warmest regards.

Dr George Zolkiewski CEng, FIMechE

• IrvSp

@George1957 wrote:

After getting the "commercial use suspected" message I diligently followed the support instructions and completed the Declaration of Private Use form.

Well, I did too, first the ON-LINE RESET and then the FORM. Both came back as RESET, but I still can't use it...

Something else is happening here to stop us I suspect?

• IrvSp

@MikeyGee wrote:

Go here and plead your case...

https://www.teamviewer.com/en/support/commercial-use-suspected/

WASTE of time! I did both the form and on-line reset request. Today I got the last one back. Both said my ID was RESET. After each reply of a RESET I tried using TV. Failed with the same error message each time.

They either can't reset it, there is something else in the TV network stopping it, or there are other steps I must take to make it work.

Looking for other free alternative and did find one that seems it could be used. Still, I don't understand why TV doesn't work after a RESET they claim they did?

• IrvSp

@RANDI18 

I saw in e-mail a post to me was made. Can't access it, they are 'censoring' this thread I guess.

[removed per Community Guidelines]

• stk1987
    stk1987 Posts: 1

Hello, I have a problem with one of my PC's using TeamViewer Free. Its a win 10 Enterprise and i cant really use it for long because it sees it as a commercial PC but it is not. The PC is my personal computer. The pc came with enterprise installed. How can i fix this with out changing the windows addition?