Commercial use - Connection time out

Comments

• Andre75
    Andre75 Posts: 73 ✭✭

Hi ruVic !

Thank you for this information, but :

1- For how long time are you using it since you got it from Windows Store ?

2- By that time, how many computing devices have you remote control ?

3- Have you tried to connect another device, using TeamViewer, on the same network using both TeamViewer at once ?

... Wishing you it will last long for you ! (I've been blocked 2 times for no reason exposed in TV terms of policy... finally I gave up  to submit again the "official form" to request being unblocked, as the first time, I had to wait for a month !).

Cheers,

Andre

(I think you can understand that I'm trying to catch what TeamViewer management team is exactky expecting from us , I mean "Personal free use"... Actually I'm afraid there is no way to use it really free of charge)

• Godbr
    Godbr Posts: 1
    I am personal used but I just was limited and qualified by teamviewer as business user, but it is wrong. I am personal user and instal it to some family computer to help. Also I Install to the corporative computer to access some personal files witch is storage there.
  • Well I can tell you that I most often connect to personal computers at home from my work. That computer is on a corporate network. I build and overclock multiple computers. When overclocking, you have to stress the CPU, Cache, RAM etc. for extended periods of time to verify stability. These tests push the componenets to their max for hours. You really need to keep an eye on things when doing this. So I log into them from work to do just that.

I have been flagged as Commercial Use twice, sent in the form twice, cleary explaining what I do, and that I initiate remote sessions from my work computer.  Both times I was told that is OK and they reset my account. I had to send it a form for each computer. So far, after about a month, I have not had any more problems. Just today I was using TV to monitor 2 computers at home, on the same private netowrk, from my computer at work, on a corporate network, simultaniously.Still no pop ups. So I think that your theory that it is all based on TV seeing 2 computers on the same network is perhaps not correct, or at least not fully correct.

Since the 2nd time I got flagged, I have selected and installed a back up remote access program in case TV starts acting up again. I still like TV best, but I cannot fully depend on it anymore like I have done for many years. I'm not sure how all of this is going to end up, but for now, after 2 Resets, my personal account seems to be working.

YMMV...

• Ehi, io sono un blogger quando uso teamviewer per disconnessione, dopo un po 'di tempo ho bisogno di contattare i miei partner del mio sito web 

• Glassdub
    Glassdub Posts: 79 ✭✭

@Andre75 wrote:

Hi ruVic !

Thank you for this information, but :

1- For how long time are you using it since you got it from Windows Store ?

2- By that time, how many computing devices have you remote control ?

3- Have you tried to connect another device, using TeamViewer, on the same network using both TeamViewer at once ?

... Wishing you it will last long for you ! (I've been blocked 2 times for no reason exposed in TV terms of policy... finally I gave up  to submit again the "official form" to request being unblocked, as the first time, I had to wait for a month !).

Cheers,

Andre

(I think you can understand that I'm trying to catch what TeamViewer management team is exactky expecting from us , I mean "Personal free use"... Actually I'm afraid there is no way to use it really free of charge)

It has little to do with multiple connections at the same time on a business network, I was connected at work on a 'single' PC connecting to home & that single PC got flagged, I was also using my notebook wireless (free network not corporate) I can use it on another PC at work & it is NOT flagged, so there is little rhyme or reason.

• Ramiz
    Ramiz Posts: 1

Good morning.

I have problem to connect from my home PC, when i want to connect, it share me pop-up informations about commercial uses . 

But it's my home PC and im at work now. 

Can you help me with this problem. 

You also can vwier the name of my pc in team

• zt1
    zt1 Posts: 1

My TV doesn't connect too

• Esther
    Esther Posts: 4,052 Former Community Manager

Hi all,

I apologize for the connection problems. Everything should work again. Thanks and sorry once again.

Best, Esther

Former Community Manager

• i installed teamviewer on my work pc, but i use it to connect to my personal pc's at home
    now it says that my free license expired

what i can do?

we don't use Team viwer at work at all, but my work pc is a part of a domain

• Andre75

Hi @BillBittel

Thanks for your comment about "my theory", which only a theory, you are right. But, correct or not, it could never be verified as TV refuses obstinately to communicate about.

I just can say that, like you, I've been using TV for years and I've never been bothered like this before ! I used it only to help my relatives and friends, from only private network to only private network.
    On July, I've been flagged right when I was using TV in remote connection with a Mc Book air I had just configured for a friend and I had temporarily connected it on my private network to check if it worked well and transfer some files from my PC to the Mac.

So, I submitted the form (and joined the log file) and I had to wait for ... one month !... before I could use it again !!! (always and only from my private network to another private network)... but for a short time (2 or 3 days), as I've been flagged again when remoting another PC for only 2 or 3 short sessions...
    But I can't know if TV had really reset my account, because I never got any reply from them telling so ???
    Actually, after a month, I had uninstalled TV, all the residual folders and files, and deleted all its registry entries. Then, I reinstalled the last TV version. So, I could not know if it worked again because I had got reset, or because I had fully unsinstalled it before reinstalling ???

Anyhow, you are right as you point out the precarious situation in TV let us. Unless you are wealthy and can pay a license, TeamViewer is a no longer reliable solution as we permanently run the risk to get suddenly flagged. You can imagine what happens when you are helping your mom or sister, living in country side, to fill in and send an important online form or document !... You have to tell her : "Sorry mom ! Say your health insurance company that you'll fill in the requested form next month !... (when TV will have considered my demand and unblocked me)"
    And, if you dare to complain, writing here  "it's c...zy" ! You'll get a very nice help... your comment will be censored !
    So, you are still right, the best way was not to request again being unblocked, but find an alternative... There are some not too bad, but I must admit that none is as good as TV... at least, not yet... but TV is working well for its competitors (those these forum censors -human beings or robot- call "Third Party Product").

Andre

• Andre75

@Glassdub

Hi,

" ... there is little rhyme or reason" ! You are right.

Just a c..zy algorithm which's leading us into its same way !... (But "algorithm" doesn't mean "artificial intelligence" escaping from its conceptors... Human beings do it in order to aim a planned target)

• I'm having trouble with my account, trying to connect to the computer where I work tells me that my account is for non-commercial use only, what do I do?

• Andre75

@Esther wrote:

Hi all,

I apologize for the connection problems. Everything should work again. Thanks and sorry once again.

Best, Esther

@Esther

Hi Esther,

Many thanks for that good news !  You give us all a great HOPE ! :cathappy:

But, does it mean :

1- TeamViewer will finally give up and remove the algorithm which cannot clearly and fairly discriminate between Personal free use and Professional use ?

2- TeamViewer has finally found how to make work properly this algorithm ?

3- Anything else that you wouldn't know ?

4- When do you think it will work fine again ?

Anyhow, you shouldn't be the one to apologize (unless you are TeamViewer manager or a development staff), but we don't think you are the one who took this strange decision to make a big mess in all free users' softwares. And it was not your fault !

So, we all cross fingers and have a big hope that you say true...

Thanks again.

Andre75

• Esther
    Esther Posts: 4,052 Former Community Manager

Hi Andre75,

Thanks for your post.

You are right, I am not a developer :-) But to clarify the post: We had some connection issues earlier today and the post you were citing was the "all-clear" message, that the issue was solved. See also: https://community.teamviewer.com/t5/TeamViewer-General/Connection-not-established-authentication-cancelled/m-p/45583

Regarding the commercial usage: If you are affected, please fill out the form to get your reset. (One more apology: I am sorry that I cannot help you better with this topic than guiding you to the form and/or the information in this KB article: https://community.teamviewer.com/t5/Knowledge-Base/Why-do-I-see-Commercial-use-suspected-Commercial-use-detected/ta-p/5265 )

Thanks and best,

Esther

Former Community Manager

• I am a personal user. I submitted multiple tickets to get a determination about commercial use suspected notices that I have been receiving. I've had this problem over the years. Each time previous to this set of notices, I emailed Fabian and he reviewed my logs and cleared my accounts. Now Esther has told me that the ticket system is the only method of clearing these notices and restoring my computers to personal use. I submitted tickets over a month ago. The response time estimate in Fabian's article in the community concerning this is pasted below. I posted my tickets over a month ago and have received no outcomes of my tickets. I tried to submit another personal email to Esther concerning the matter today, but now it shows that I have reached my limit of personal messages. I feel very unsupported and am beginning to suspect that I may never have the issue resolved. I have switched to **Third Party Product**, another free program, for my remote management needs, but prefer TeamViewer's functionality for most things I do. I hope that someone from management will see this message and see if there is any other source of help. It seems I have exhausted all other options.

============================================

How long does it take to unblock my TeamViewer?

Please know that we review every request that has been placed.

Due to the large number of requests we receive, answering the requests can take some time, although we are now aiming to solve all requests within seven days. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

============================================

• Andre75

@Esther wrote:

Hi Andre75,

Thanks for your post.

You are right, I am not a developer :-) But to clarify the post: We had some connection issues earlier today and the post you were citing was the "all-clear" message, that the issue was solved. See also: https://community.teamviewer.com/t5/TeamViewer-General/Connection-not-established-authentication-cancelled/m-p/45583

Regarding the commercial usage: If you are affected, please fill out the form to get your reset. (One more apology: I am sorry that I cannot help you better with this topic than guiding you to the form and/or the information in this KB article: https://community.teamviewer.com/t5/Knowledge-Base/Why-do-I-see-Commercial-use-suspected-Commercial-use-detected/ta-p/5265 )

Thanks and best,

Esther

@Esther

Hi Esther,

Thanks again for your kind, clear and quick response.

I guessed already that I "misundestood" your former post ! :catsad: ... That's why I asked you some details

About the form, thank you for the link, but I did it yet once, I had to wait for a month before I could use again TV... And it was flagged again a few days later (in all Personal use conditions, such as described in TV terms of policy, of course !!! )

If you follow up this topic, you know that we are so many "free" users having been trapped into this issue !  So, you can understand that we don't trust anymore TeamViewer. We all do believe that its management staff is no longer willing to provide a true Personal free use with no problem.! They obviously show that they want to get rid of Personal free users...

Therefore, it seems total useless to fill in again this form (anyhow, 1 month waiting for a reset, with no news to know what, is not reasonable; Moreover if it's for a few days free use after having been reset).

I am just very surprised to see how TeamViewer is now working very well at helping it's competitors to win more and more market's places ??? (means TV will lose those it had got).

But thank you again for having tried to help, even though you have no mean to really do it.

Andre75

• Andre75

@Esther wrote:

Hi Andre75,

Thanks for your post.

Thanks and best,

Esther

@Esther

Hi Esther,

I guessed already that I "misundestood" your former post ! :catsad: ... That's why I asked you some details

About the form, thank you for the link, but I did it yet once, I had to wait for a month before I could use again TV... And it was flagged again a few days later (in all Personal use conditions, such as described in TV terms of policy, of course !!! )

If you follow up this topic, you know that we are so many "free" users having been trapped into this issue !  So, you can understand that we don't trust anymore TeamViewer. We all do believe that its management staff is no longer willing to provide a true Personal free use with no problem.! They obviously show that they want to get rid of Personal free users...

Therefore, it seems total useless to fill in again this form (anyhow, 1 month waiting for a rest, with no news to know what, is not reasonable; Moreover if it's for a few days free use after having been reset).

I am just very surprised to see how TeamViewer is now working very well at helping it's competitors to win more and more market's places ??? (means TV will lose those it had got).

But thank you again for having tried to help, even though you have no mean to really do it.

Andre75

• Glassdub
    Glassdub Posts: 79 ✭✭

I m

@Esther wrote:

Hi Andre75,

Thanks for your post.

Thanks and best,

Esther

I filled out a form & all the requested info well over a month ago like many other users. I have never heard a word back or had a resoultion, this does not help.
  • i use teamviewer for personnel only thank
  • Andre75

@Glassdub

Hi Glassdub

Not only you  Lot of people didn't get any reply, including me.

That's what I answered to Esther, who advised to fill out and send this form. But my answer to her has been censored !!! Maybe are we impolite  to say publicly that even this way (which needs "normally" 1 month to get unblocked) is no way ?

I wonder why you have not been censored ??? :mansurprised: ...  And yet you must be very impolite to say the truth here !

• Andre75

@Esther wrote:

Hi Andre75,

Thanks for your post.

Thanks and best,

Esther

@Esther

Hi Esther,

I guessed already that I "misunderstood" your former post (bad luck !) :catsad: ... That's why I asked you some more details.

About the form, thank you for the link, but I did it yet once, I had to wait for a month before I could use again TV (in all Personal use conditions, such as described in TV terms of policy, of course !!!  I swear !)... And it was flagged again a few days later ! :catfrustrated:

If you follow up this topic, you know that we are so many "free" users having been trapped into this issue !  So, you can understand that we don't trust TeamViewer managers anymore. We all do believe that :
    1- Its management staff is no longer willing to provide a true Personal free use with no problem ! And they obviously show that they want to get rid of Personal free users ?...
    2- Or the algorithm used in TV to discriminate between Personal free use and Professional use is not efficient and returns too much mistakes... And TV developers can't (yet) make it better ?

Therefore, it seems total useless to send again this form (anyhow, 1 month waiting for a reset,(with no reply, no news to know what about) is not reasonable ! Moreover if it's for only a few days free use after having got reset, then getting blocked again !

Sincerely

Andre

• mcbrooks2624
    mcbrooks2624 Posts: 1
    edited September 2022

I recently purchased an used MacBook and have tried to use teamviewer, however, "teamviewer suspected commercial use” keeps popping up.

Could you please advise me reading this case?

I am using it as personal use.

My teamviewer ID is [removed per Community Guidelines]

I will look forward to hearing from you.

Thank you for your time.

Best,

• So i can use it as in the same way? it won't disconnect me again?
  • RudieV
    RudieV Posts: 5

Since a two weeks I get this message when I connect to my multimedia pc, which is in my own local network, that I or the multimedia computer is being used commercially.

Unless my pc is doing things at night that I am not aware of, and it is switched off so that would be a surprise, I never use TV commercially. 

Why am I getting this message? How can I get rid of this?

• Tegoide
    Tegoide Posts: 14

@Tegoide wrote:

.. another umpteenth idea of the TV new marketing department ?

After the useless and tremendous internal spellcheck, now the mandatory advertisement. At each TV session.

I believe that soon or later TV will drop off us, considered by Team Viever marketing people and sales dept. as nasty scroungers.

Here the screenshot (Edited by a moderator. Please attache the screenshot instead of putting the URL link)

Anybodys elese is experienceing this beutiful TeamViewer gift ?

I reiterate my question and complaint.

• bobbh
    bobbh Posts: 4

WIsh you hadn't said anything about the VM - now they'll probably prevent that as well :catmad:.  My sister has 2 kids and by the time I fininshed helping her set them up and do some maintenance on their computers, I was already getting the dreaded 'commercial use', then shortly afterwards, limited to 5 min.

In the past, I've contacted support (when they allowed it), and of course, they read and/or copy/paste from a script they're told to use and lie and state that the software contains some 'intelligence' that allows them to determine commercial use, but that's bogus.  They have a simple counter and after x number of outgoing connections, the fun begins  :smileysad:

• LtData
    LtData Posts: 1

After having the 3rd "Commercial use" detected/suspected alert this year, I'm wondering if part of the problem is my pfsense router that gives my computers a ".local" DNS suffix and this is beign detected as corporate use. I managed to have the limits removed from my account via the proper process, but I'm trying to do what I can to prevent additional detection. I changed the DNS suffix to ".mylocal" to give it something different, but is there a specific suffix I should be using to avoid this tripping the flag, or am I out of luck as long as a suffix is being added? I tried asking this question on the form, but they referred me to here

Yes, I am just using TV for personal use for connecting to my (desktop OS) machines, parent's computers, and sister's computer.

I did see a post somewhere talking about them adjusting the "commercial use" algorithim to prevent false-positive, so hopefully that will help me also.

• Ehkart
    Ehkart Posts: 1

I have used TV for several years to manage the several machines that my family and myself use. I work roughly 1800km from home and so I needed a solution as I'm the only one with any of the IT skills necessary to remedy the various issues that three kids and a spouse run into commonly with computing at home. I was very satisfied with how TeamViewer worked for a long time and spoke highly of their products.

Not needing the service in a business manor and not wanting to spend $500 a year, I'm sure you can relate to my dismay when for the third time I also received flagging for commercial use. I am certainly NOT using TV for commercial purposes unless children clogging their machines with games and movies is considered commercial use..

Much to my pleasant surprise however,**Third Party Product** provides a free plugin for almost any OS and mobile device that allows remote desktop control. Known as **Third Party Product**, it's so far proven to be a fantastic and completely free alternative to the murky license heavy minefield that is TeamViewer. It's a snap to set up and I can confidently say it works just about the same. There is a limitation with **Third Party Product** that doesn't allow printing files remotely to a local printer and file transfer isn't available however through Google Drive you can easily achieve this.

I'll be hailing the success of the **Third Party Product** alternative to anyone I know that's tired of TeamViewer being paranoid about us nobodies. Sometimes I hate to admit it but **Third Party Product** wins the day again!

• Mona
    Mona Posts: 1

there is a link somewhere that you can use to email and explain to TV what you use TV for and that it's not a commercial/business venture.....  They'll more than likely reinstate your access, they did ours.

• Team viewer Guys,

YOU are not able to understand what is commercial use and personal use. 

YOU ARE PUTTING EVERYTHING IN COMMERCIAL USE TO EARN MONEY. THAT'S ALL YOU MUST HAVE GOT SOME LEADER WHO WORKS FOR MONEY ONLY. 

ANNOYING.