Commercial use - Connection time out

Comments

• phatent
    phatent Posts: 3 ✭✭

Hey Lindsay2, 

I use /d TV from kind of the time it hit the market back in the beginning of the 2000´s.... 
    I once got put on the commercial line but then there was a customer support and people actually helping... today when I called TV in HQ Germany, (I was born there) I was told that onyl paying customers get support and the "free users" have the froum where no one from TV gives a **bleep** about us.... on their homepage it still says that there is a free version of TV... I will not pay TV for the 1-2 times a year I am helping my parents or friends from time to time as it is just not paying out... I am not making and nver made money with it as if I would I´d frikken pay and make money then.... it is very frustrating that TV does NOT help at all and although I sent my hand signed form to them via mail I had no response since... I believe it was like 3-4 months ago maybe.. I stopped tracking as I am slowly giving up on them... they used to be a great company with a good mindset and very nice support with fast response and good problem solving... I guess resession has them too or somethng else I do not know.... but this **bleep*... 

I hope all turns out to the better for you and your mom. stay healthy and safe. 

Cheers

Martin

• netgeek1
    netgeek1 Posts: 1

Teamviewer used to be great, but now it really **bleep**!!! I only use it to connect to my mother and father PCs and in the past few months it locks me down to 1 minute and says I'm using it commercially. I tried the idiotic "Why do I see 'Commercial use suspected' / 'Commercial use detected'" and the support team came back with "Thank you for your request regarding being unblocked from using the free version of TeamViewer. After reviewing the information provided to us, we were unable to confirm that the submitted ID is being used privately." The account I use to log in with only has ONE PC connected to it... 

Teamviewer team, if you want to stop offering a free product, fine, lock it down to trial only, but if you do continue to offer a free product, stop being **bleep**!!! You have 1000's of posts with this same issue.

• Peta1453
    Peta1453 Posts: 1

I downloaded Teamviewer version 15.3.8497 for personal use, and I chose personal use during installation, but later it shows that I only have a 6 days trial and will be charged after the trial. I only use this software for perosnla use, why am I being charged? Hope teamviewer community can help me solve this problem :)

For additional information, I am using newest windows operting system for team viewer.

• richardbramwell
    richardbramwell Posts: 7 ✭✭

Dear Martin

Thanks for reply, very informative and mirrors my experience. They have replied to me now with a form to sign "on my honour" so we will wait and see.

Kind Regards and Respects to your family and that of Lindsay (of course)

• Bonzadog
    Bonzadog Posts: 28 ✭✭
    Welcome to the club...believe me you are far from being alone. I would have though TV would have dropped this by now but are very obviously continuing that path to destruction. Someone started a change.org petition about the practice, and I am trying to find it. @tv PLEASE STOP THIS - either kill the free version or charge a modest amount and improve the commercial detection. The latter does not work.
  • mocherif
    mocherif Posts: 7

Hello, thank you for your inquiry. The QuickSupport app disconnect is actually a limitation on the iOS platform, as it does not allow apps to go in the background. When the screen is being captured and streamed from your mom's iPad to you, the TeamViewer QuickSupport app needs to be backgrounded, and iOS will end up killing it as it has a short timer on apps backgrounded. Hence we stop it. So nothing is wrong with how you use the app, this is how the feature is supported with the current platform limitations, and screensharing will continue after we stop QuickSupport. You will be able to view the remote screen, but not control it. There is no interference with making phone calls. Hope this helps. Cheers!

• richardbramwell
    richardbramwell Posts: 7 ✭✭

I sent in my affidavit and I just got this reply:

[email protected]

Dear User,

Thank you very much for sending your self-declaration of personal use to us.

We have successfully reset the TeamViewer ID you submitted via the form provided earlier, and we acknowledge that you are using TeamViewer for personal use only.

With your signed declaration, we took additional steps to make sure your TeamViewer ID remains reset.

The reset has been applied within the last five business days.

Please note that if your usage pattern changes and your connections are deemed to be Commercial in nature, your reset may be reverted at any time.

Furthermore, please keep in mind that a TeamViewer connection always involves two devices (TeamViewer IDs) and the pop-up might be displayed because of the remote side.

Have fun with TeamViewer and enjoy your day.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Best Regards,

Your TeamViewer Team.

• Barrytoo
    Barrytoo Posts: 4
    What about: "Fixed an issue where the remote session gets terminated after a few seconds, followed by a pop-up message that accuses such personal usage to be detected as commercial thought both parties are connected to the same router in the same house"? It has been over a year since this issue first appeared and no colleague of yours that I have contacted cared about looking into this nor even report it to someone who will. The Web app, the Chrome app and the Windows 10 app versions of TeamViewer don't have this issue, unlike the desktop version. That said, if you really want to pressure personal usage to be paid for, you should consider the aforementioned ones too. Otherwise, just care about fixing this issue. Thanks A former TeamViewer user
  • Barrytoo

What about: "Fixed an issue where the remote session gets terminated after a few seconds, followed by a pop-up message that accuses such personal usage to be detected as commercial though both parties are connected to the same router in the same house"?

It has been over a year since this issue first appeared and no colleague of yours that I have contacted cared about looking into this nor even report it to someone who will.

The Web app, the Chrome app and the Windows 10 app versions of TeamViewer don't have this issue, unlike the desktop version. That said, if you really want to pressure personal usage to be paid for, you should consider the aforementioned ones too. Otherwise, just care about fixing this issue.

Thanks

A former TeamViewer user

• Barrytoo

What about: "Fixed an issue where the remote session gets terminated after a few seconds, followed by a pop-up message that accuses such personal usage to be detected as commercial though both parties are connected to the same router in the same house"?

It has been over a year since this issue first appeared and no colleague of yours that I have contacted cared about looking into this nor even report it to someone who will.

The Web app, the Chrome app and the Windows 10 app versions of TeamViewer don't have this issue, unlike the desktop version. That said, if you really want to pressure personal usage to be paid for, you should consider the aforementioned ones too. Otherwise, just care about fixing this issue.

Update: This has been the third time I posted this reply since someone deleted it twice. That says something...

Thanks

A former TeamViewer user

• varko95
    varko95 Posts: 1

Hi

I'm Daniel and I have some problem with my teamviewer licence. I have a free licence for personal use, but today I couldn't connect with an other computer becouse the teamviewer said I have to by a licence or extend free licence. I can still access the other computer from my phone. Could you help me to make my free licence active?

Thank You!

• tucker57
    tucker57 Posts: 1

I had the same problem...what do i do..

• Barrytoo

The Web app, the Chrome app and the Windows 10 app versions of TeamViewer don't have this issue, unlike the desktop version.

That said, if you really want to pressure personal usage to be paid for, you should consider the aforementioned ones too. Otherwise, just care about fixing this issue.

Note: This is the 4th time I've posted this reply since someone keeps deleting it. That says something...

Thanks

A former TeamViewer user

• starcast
    starcast Posts: 1

Please someone help. 
    I am using personal no commerical version of TeamViewer and it keeps telling me my trial has expired.
    Even made a new Free account and it still does this.
    Re-installed after a clean wipe four times and no change. 
    I really need to fix this issue. 
    Remote access is very important for me right now.... 
    (For almost all of us I'm sure)

• I think I clicked the wrong button when I've installed TV becouse I don't use it for work. I use it to help my mother to work from home. Any method to get back the trial version?

I know you usually don't answer this type of request. There are huge number of similar questions in the community, all without any response... if it's a business policy say that and try to underline the importance of chosing right setting during the installation. I never seen a program that marks users in such a way, from certian point of view it doesn't make any sense...

Hope you will be more comprensive in such a period.

• So I know how to get it to work.

You must uninstall TeamViewer on the Lab computer. From your description, it sounds like the user installed TeamViewer as Commercial use instead of personal.

Once you uninstall TeamViewer, you must change the MAC address of the system. Otherwise TeamViewer will continue to block your system because they register the MAC in their database (I know it's F***ing annoying)

So not to worry, Windows 10 allows you to change the MAC address. You'll need administrator access to do this, so I recommend getting permission from your network administrator.

Go into network settings and select the main network adapter. Configure the driver. Go into the driver settings (it's different for some computers so it may be under Advanced tab) Find "Locally Administered Address"

Untitled.png

You'll need to change the MAC address here. Use the current MAC address + 01 at the end.

Example: If your current MAC address is: 00:0A:00:1F:05:08 then use 00:0A:00:1F:05:09 for the new address. To find your current MAC address, simply run 

ipconfig /all

in command prompt. Then find the correct network adapter and the MAC address will be associated with that adpater.

Once you changed the MAC address, you can now install Team Viewer again! This time select Personal use only.

Hope this helps you more than Team Viewer support can during this time of distress.

• Recently TeamViewer announced that for the time-being they will not be checking or blocking for commercial use detection.

So it should work now for the time being.

• lyzerak
    lyzerak Posts: 2

Hallo zusammen

Ich benutze TV ausschliesslich privat und nicht kommerziell.

Leider musste ich einen Antrag stellen, damit TV mein Konto (welches fälschlicherweise als kommerziell markiert wurde) als Privatbenutzer zurücksetzt.

Ich habe vor gut zwei Monaten das Bestätigungsmail erhalten, welches besagt dass meine TV ID zurückgesetzt wurde. Leider kann ich nach wie vor TV nicht benutzen, da "Testv

• Phil7
    Phil7 Posts: 8

The problem for me is oncec the minute is up the screen hangs.

The screen recording stops. In other words I cannot work with this.

What other settings should I check?

• mocherif
    mocherif Posts: 7

Hello! Please try to use our latest app releases for both sender and receiver. Let us know if you can still reproduce, and if so what devices/OS versions are you using. Cheers!

• Phil7

Thanks for your concern.

My Imac is running macOS Catalina 10.15.3

Team Viewer is 15.4.4445

Currently testing with my Ipad Software 13.4 on same network (could this cause problems) The QS teamviewer is 15-4-1

I make contact but as soon as the line drops so does the video of my ipad screen

Hope this all makes sense to you.

• SandoHP
    SandoHP Posts: 11

@Giovanni7 (and @starcast), have you followed the guide on https://community.teamviewer.com/t5/Knowledge-Base/How-to-uninstall-TeamViewer-on-PC/ta-p/16835 to uninstall TeamViewer? Deleting the relevant registry items as described there should help. Otherwise you could consider using Revo Uninstaller.

• jfouts1979
    jfouts1979 Posts: 1

I am the only one on my free account.  It says that I have exceeded maximum connections.  Does not make any sense.  Please help me.  

• Same problem hare, I like the software but because of their detection had to use **Third Party Product** instead, give it a try

• bazbsg
    bazbsg Posts: 112 ✭✭

Congrats Teamviewer on 100 pages of posts about the same problem on this one thread alone. I also just got my second anniversary badge and since I signed up to ask about this problem it means this has been going on for more than two years.

I read somewhere recently that Teamviewer was doing away with the commercial use detected algorithm. I think it was on the Teamviewer website. I tried to search for it again but all search results lead back to this page or pages like it. Could you confirm and perhaps point me to that statement please? Thanks.

• Thank you for the answer @SandoHP , I've just tried everything you suggest. Anyway the guide doesn't mention al lot of other folders in the register editor. Even deleting all of them isn't sufficient. I'm sure that if I search some more informations I'll succed in unistalling TV, but I don't want to make hard changes on my PC and I also think is better procede, if possible, on the "legal" way.

If I'll have to do that, I'll write on the community to help everyone, even if in a couple of months the method itslef will probably become useless.

Right now I find a quite good substitue, completly free.

• I notice now that the free license is restored!! even if the didn't contact me. Super!

• kwilleke
    kwilleke Posts: 27

Wieso "Testversion"  und "kommerzielle bzw private Nutzung" ? Da laufen mA nach zwei Dinge durcheinander. Du hast anscjeinend mit einer Testversion gearbeitet - NICHT mit der "privaten Nutzung". Soweit ich weiß, arbeitetst Du in einer Testversion mit einer kompletten Version, die natürlich zeitlich beschränkt ist - also irgendwann abläuft. Bei der "privaten Nutzung" arbeitest Du mit einer eingeschränkten Version hinsichtlich der Funktionen - und die ist zeitlich nicht beschränkt. Bei dem oft hier gemeldeten Problem mit der Vermuteten "kommerziellen Nutzung" erscheint niemal das Wort "abgelaufen" in den entsprechenden Meldungen. Es wird ganz einfach bezweifelt, daß je,and lediglich privat mit Teamviewer arbeitet. Hat also nix mit "Testversion" und "abgelaufen" zu tun. Sollte eigentlich deutlich sein, da bei der Installation danach(nach dem Verwendungszweck) gefragt wird....

• Phil7

I did supply machine and software versions (all up to date) but have heard nothing from you since. 
    The problem remains. 
    There is either a setting that I need to change or your software is not fit for use on my Mac - IPad configuration. 

• Hi All,

I selected commercial use when signing up to team viewer for personal use not realising I had done this. The trial period has now expired and I am being asked to purchase teamviewer when I do not use it for commercial use. Can anybody help me change this to personal use?

Thank you.