Highlighted
Posted by
Digon

Re: Thank you for playing fair

@Yuri_T 

Thank you for the lack of kcommunication until i asked about it, very transparent of you, i still say my comment was moved kmaliciously, becuase i was specifically warning people how one cannot rely one TV to work when you need it kdue to the feature pointed out a the very end of the article.

its great you now have a less expensive option (it must be very new, there doesnt seem to be any way to get that plan without a direct link) , pity its still way overpriced compared to competitors, ive been using TV for occasional remote control of my home PCs both from home and elsewhere (but never in a commercial manner) for what must be over 10 years by now, with that less than stellar offer [removed per Community Guidelines] ill be uninstalling TV  and using other software

Adios TV, its been great (till now) ... and its gone.

Highlighted
Posted by
Electron

Re: Help your parents and friends using TeamViewer!

I have been suspected as a commercial user. I usually connect my home pc to office pc or reverse for academic perpose. Please let me know a way to rule out the suspicion. Thank you.

Highlighted
Posted by
Trigon

Re: Connection blocked after timeout.

same for me!

Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

Re: Activation Link Resend - Cannot submit a ticket upgrade has not been activated

Hi, almost three weeks have passed since I sent you a request to unblock the license of the TV application, which I use only to manage the PC of family and friends privately, not commercially. (www teamviewer com/en/reset ) And it's still in processing. You write everywhere that the program is free for these purposes and you have repeatedly blocked me due to suspicion of commercial activity. For the first time about 5 years ago and then every year again and a month ago again. Can you please tell me why you came to the conclusion that I use the application commercially?

1 = 72 year old friend = PC
2 = 72 year old friend = MOBILE
3 = 74 year old aunt = Notebook
4 = 74 year old aunt = MOBILE
5 = 74 year old aunt = PC
6 = 50 year old friend = PC
7 = 50 year old friend = Notebook
8 = 60 year old father = PC
9 = 60 year old father = Notebook
10 = 35 year old girlfriend

Do you think that I am exploiting these people and forcing them to pay me for helping them with their technical problems? I signed, uploaded and sent the statement to you, what more do you want me to stop blocking me? I have IT technology as a hobby, I am a member of the Insider program Windows 10, so I format my system several times a year and upload everything again. I don't even have a trade license and I have a postman as a profession. I have tried many competitors, but because you are unfortunately the only one with such a great program, which you probably know, it seems to me that you are playing a "monopoly" and trying to squeeze as much money as possible from us ordinary users. Unfortunately, none of us can afford to pay a total of CZK 17,249.76 / year for joining them a few times a month to fix what they messed up in windows, or what Microsoft messed up / cycled windows update, which is, for example, a problem with 60 years old father = PC / or the problem that after updating Windows does not work outlook other than in safe mode, which is, for example, the problem u = 50 years old friend = PC /
And because they can't handle it, I have to fix it, but I don't have the time or opportunity to go around the whole of Prague and spend my free time on the road and then repairing them and the speed of their Internet, I'm not even talking if I could fix it online from home.
If you only wanted 2,000 CZK / year, for example, it would not be a problem to fold and pay, even though you write everywhere that it is free for personal purposes and that you do not want to force them to pay it .... And almost 1,500 CZK We really can't afford CZK / month.

Please comment and advice on what to do so that this does not happen again? And really, no one with a paid license joins anyone.

Thank you.

Highlighted
Posted by
Trigon

@Zavid 

Read the EULA (you should have done so already, before instaliing or using it!), and it's very clear you're not entitled to the free version. What you call academic purpose isn't private and I'm sure that you're compensated for your work.

The same applies for all these non-too-smart people here who work for a charity and think that somehow entitles them to use it for free. A charity is NOT private and even people at charities get compensated for their work. Specifically see para 3.4 of the EULA.

It's unbelieveable how many users of TV seem to be unable to read and are whining at something which is perfectly logical.

Highlighted
Posted by
Trigon

Re: TV detected commercial use, although there isn't!

@Leling What's the relevance of mentioning that you use it commercially at work, if your complaint is about the free version you use at home? I suppose you're not using the same account at work and at home at least?

Highlighted
Posted by
Trigon

Re: TV detected commercial use, although there isn't!

@Esther 

My TIP/RECOMMENDATION to Teamviewer would be to change the messages people are getting. Your EULA says it fine, but many people here seem to be not willing or able to read.

Instead of the message "commercial use detected" I think the phrasing "non-private use detected" would prevent a lot of questions. In that case people who run a charity won't have to get indignant about the fact that they don't consider it to be commercial. Or others that "academic use" is different from commercial use. Just my 2 cents.

1 Reply
Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

Warning! our system has recognized commercial use

Translated by Google
Good evening
I have been using the Free version for some time and today I can no longer connect because "Warning! our system has recognized commercial use ...". Given that I use TeamViewer only to help my distant family members who are not very practical with the PC. What can I do? I can't afford to buy a license!
Thank you
I attach photo screesavarTeamViewer.jpg

Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

Re: Warning! our system has recognized commercial use

I am going through same problem. Emailed declaration, but no response for a week. I belive almost 50% people are getting this message. I belive Team Viewer wants you to buy their software once you are use to it like a drug.

Highlighted
Posted by
Digon

TeamViewer’s managers have become too greedy for their own good

This is by design. TeamViewer’s managers, Oliver Steil and Stefan Gaiser, have become too greedy for their own good,. They have many competitors offering free remote desktop access (see here ). They will lose millions of loyal customers. I feel sorry for them.

Highlighted
Posted by
Digon

Declaration of private use

High,
did anybody fill out this "Declaration of private use" und sent it to Teamviewer?
Did anybody receive an answer?
Is it worth, to fill it out and send it by mail?
Do they react to it?

Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

Comercial use detected, even after reset

Hello, a week or so ago, TeamViewer detected commercial use.
So I went to "https://www.teamviewer.com/en/reset-management/" to have it check up and recieved the email that said I'm good to go.
I tried to access then but the "Commercial use" stills pop up.
Any idea on what to do?
Greeting, Andrës

Highlighted
Posted by
Trigon

Re: "Connection blocked after reaching the maximum time"--> suspicios commercial use???

anyone?
Highlighted
Posted by
Pentagon

Re: "Connection blocked after reaching the maximum time"--> suspicios commercial use???

I hate to say it but if you read the 103 pages of this post you will see it's not likely that this problem will be fixed any time soon. It's been going on for years. Many people just gave up and moved to another product / service. I think that's what Teamviewer wants and just doesn't want to tell us. Sorry to say it.

Highlighted
Posted by
Trigon

I agree with you. TeamViewer will not change this policy so one is forced to find an alternative. Perhaps a much faster way of registering the ID's. I wonder which method TV uses to determine whether one is a commercial user.
Highlighted
Posted by Closed account
Not applicable

I am also getting the same message but I can remote into my mothers laptop or my other pc at home no problem. only does it for one.

Highlighted
Posted by
Photon

minha conta venceu

I installed the commercial version by mistake now I cannot access it I have already uninstalled it and even when I install it again it goes to the demo account [translated by Google]

Highlighted
Posted by
Photon

Commercial Use Suspected

My TeamViewer account was flagged as commercial which is not true as I do not use TeamViewer in business or any form to get any revenue. Especially now due to Covid19 I remote between two personal computers in different Provinces in South Africa becuase we are not allowed to move cross border. 

Now I cannot use it at all due to a mistake on the system

Can TeamViewer support fix this Or?

Highlighted
Posted by
Photon

Can't access my other computer anymore

For some reasons teamviewer decided that both of my computer which one of them is with my fiancee cannot be accessed. We are only using our computers and said that we are using it commercially how come? we only have 3 computers registered and this is the 2nd time this happens and i dont know who to contact or where to address this problem.

thank you

Highlighted
Posted by
Photon

Re: Can't access my other computer anymore

I have the same issue for the first time.  I only use to access laptops inside my home and it says it has detected one of the 3 laptops is a work related laptop and I must buy an expensive licence

Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

Re: Time out session. Non-commerce use

I have the same problem. i phoned them and was told to request a account reset.. I'm still waiting for that to happen. Hopefully this year. I need to help my family.

Highlighted
Posted by
Trigon

I am trying another software. With TV every TOT time happens like this and then it takes a lot of time to unlock it. I'm starting to get tired. If I continue to feel comfortable with the new software, I abandon TV.

Highlighted
Posted by
Digon

"3.4. Scope of use for Free Version.

The use of the Free Version is solely permitted for the Customer’s own, private, non-commercial purposes (e.g. free computer support for a spouse/partner). The use of the Free Version for the exercise of the Customer’s own trade or profession or the use for purposes for which the Customer directly or indirectly receives compensation (e.g. team work with colleagues, free support provided to third parties which have bought software of the Customer) does not qualify as private use."

This speaks of the Customer's compensation, not the recipient's. If the Customer receives no compensation, directly or indirectly, helping someone else is a legitimate free use. 

Highlighted
Posted by
Trigon

Re: TV problem: NO solution.

Hello! Like I wrote here: https://community.teamviewer.com/t5/General-Questions/TeamViewer-thinks-I-m-using-the-software-comme...
I get a "Connection blocked after reaching the maximum time"
I use team viewer to help my parents (we live 1000 km away!) and to do something on my home pc if I am away from home and forgot to do something.
I use TV on my pcs: one desktop at my own, one notebook (office computer, but in this case used to connect for personal use) and sometimes from iphone or ipad.
If it is blocked so suddenly, when I have to help my father, as happened today, I am not able.
My father is old, if TV crashes unexpectedly, I prefer to know it and change software to avoid risking this possibility.
Thanks
Highlighted
Posted by
Digon

I think every so often, the TV Team needs to make another post in this thread instructing everybody to go back and carefully read the first page.  There are a couple of important points:

• Individual computers are flagged as "commercial suspected", not accounts
  • There is a formal process to get the computer un-flagged, you fill out the form at https://www.teamviewer.com/en/reset-management/ , sign it, and submit.  This takes time.  (I've been waiting about a week for mine.)
  • There is no point in posting a story about how you use TeamViewer here in the forum.  The form includes a place to explain how you use TV, and why that use is not commercial.

The last, and IMHO most important part: you are making demands about a free service that TV provides to you.  They have never made any money directly from me, though I do suggest TV to friends and colleagues pretty often, and maybe that led to commercial sales, which I'm sure is why the free version exists in the first place.  But I'm not paying them, so they don't owe me support.

I would love if they provided a way for me to pay them a reasonable amount for the way that I use it -- maybe a $50-60 one-time purchase, or around $30/year for a "premium user" tier, just so I could expect a little bit of support from their team.  But that's not the model they chose to use, they only offer free/personal or paid/professional, and the latter is clearly targeted at businesses that would derive at least $30/mo or so worth of value from it.

All that said, I came to this thread to see if other users are having success using the "reset management" link.  I filed my form about a week ago.  If anybody watching this thread has gotten their computer un-flagged, how long did it take?

Highlighted
Posted by
Trigon

BRAVO Team!

Team.jpg

Highlighted
Posted by
Trigon

This has happened to me in the past, but it takes a while to unlock the account. Now that it happened again, I filled it in, but still no results. In the meantime, I am testing alternative software which seems to work pretty well. Since with TV it has already happened several times, I can't risk not being able to access my father's pc just because TV has woken up badly!
Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

Re: TeamViewer thinks I’m using the software commercially!

Hi, I have reported the false flag of commercial use (I only use for 2 elderly family members) but no response. There is nothing on the form page to follow up. How do I get action for non-responsiveness to this issue that has completely shut down my TeamViewer???

Highlighted
Posted by
Electron

COMMERCIAL USE SUSPECTED

Good day 

Am trying to connect to a friend's PC and am getting "Commercial use detected" am only connecting for few seconds and kicked out. 

This has been going on since last night, I tried uninstalling but it didnt work out

Am using Teamviewer for personal use. Help!

Highlighted
Posted by
Electron

I have filled out the reset form and click the 'Generate PDF' button, repeatedly (and tried this whole process multiple times) but nothing happens when I press the button. Is there a problem with the form? If not, how do I proceed?

Thanks for any help you can give :)

Highlighted
Posted by
Electron

I got the similar issue yesterday. 

I installed in on my personal machine. It is personal use. I think TeamView wants to get more money! Look like they want to sale license to personal use.

I submit a ticket on line yesterday. However need to take 7 business days.

However the lisence is too expersive. For personal use, if they want to sale lisence, the price should not more than 10 euro per month.

Highlighted
Posted by
Electron

Unable to connect - maximum session Length

Hi,

Today I have started getting a - Unable to connect - 
Reason given is "You reached the maximum seesion duration to this treamviewer ID"

Connection to this teamviewer ID will be blocked until ??:??

The time keeps increasing.

ANy Ideas? 

I only use it for personal use.

Thank You

Highlighted
Posted by
Electron

Try to reactive my TV id.

https://www.teamviewer.com/en/reset-management/

Nothing happened when I clicked 'Generate PDF' file.

Highlighted
Posted by
Electron

I tried the form again and the Generate PDF worked!

Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

I was classified as a business user by mistake. 😥 😭

I was classified as a business user by mistake. 😥 😭

52ce781d-5e91-4542-95c9-8cd9d6869987.JPGf97726f0-e4cc-4858-8a53-778faab8f351.JPGe14e0ce8-d9da-4c5d-a991-5e60f20e36c0.JPG

Highlighted
Posted by
Neutron

Re: Thank you for playing fair

Today you just decide that my account is commercial but I only use it to control my notebook from my desktop PC.
Thank you, guys. I already discovered new tools with great features thanks to that.

Highlighted
Posted by
Electron

Teamviewer detected Commercial use when only using it for personal use

Looks like I'm in the same boat as a bunch of people here. I don't know why it's deteted "Commercial" use and how they judge it and no I didn't select personal & commercial use, I only selected personal. I'm not even employed right now, there's absolutley no way I can use it for commercial use. I don't even use it in to connect from an outside IP - I just like it better than windows RDP.

Has anybody made this go away successfully? It sounds like any attempts to contact customer support doesn't go very well.

Highlighted
Posted by
Pentagon

Re: Teamviewer detected Commercial use when only using it for personal use

@GonzoB I faced this problem two years ago. I filled out the form and waited 33 days. They never told me they changed my status but suddenly it worked and has worked since then.

Highlighted
Posted by
Digon

Teamviewer now saying commercial use suspected, after changing motherboad of PC

Hi,

I had to change the motherboad of my home PC due to hardware failure. But now I get a message saying commercial use suspected, and sessions are limited to 5 mins. Connections fail, and say 'reconnections are prohibiteed'.

I get a message saying I'm not allowed to reconect, and time when connections will be allowed. e.g. Connections to this partner will be blocked until 06:30, then at 06:30 the message says 06:31, etc. So I am permanently blocked from connecting to my PC.

Pls help.

Edit : an now your forums are doing the same **bleep** thing:

• Post flooding detected (user tried to post more than 1 messages within 30 seconds)"
Highlighted
Posted by
Electron

Saying I need Commercial Licence

I have been using TeamViewer for years and only just come across this issue. My sessions are getting closed and saying I need to get a Commercial Licence.

I do not use TeamViewer at all for anything commercial I use purely for personal use. It comes in hand been able to access my family and my own devices when I am away. One which includes my Ubuntu Server.

TeamViewer have no proof at all I am using this for commercial since nothing is commectial about it.I have 6 devices connected to my account. 3 are mine and 3 are family.

I then use the random codes for my friends that might need some support remotley (Joys of been the techy one).

I would like o know on what grounds I have all of a suddon stopped been able to use it. Nothing has changed and I have been using it for years.

Highlighted
Posted by
Trigon

False identification as alleged "Commercial User"

I am NOT a "Commercial User" - TV falsely identified me as such & cut off my communications to a User who is medically considered to be a "vulnerable person" I have made sevberal attempts to convey my angst to TV but am thwarted by the "generate .pdf" stage - the system hangs....

Highlighted
Posted by
Digon

Re: False identification as alleged "Commercial User"

I am having the exact same problem; it won't generate the pdf to send to let them know I'm not a commercial user. My mother, whom I am trying to help is also a vulnerable 83 year old who relies on me to help her remotely.  I tried calling their number, eventually got through to a person, who basically said to go to the webpage, I explained that it was hanging at pdf stage, they said go to the Community Page. Can anyone help?!

Highlighted
Posted by
Photon

Called Teamviewer but told to go and complete the PDF online. 

www.teamviewer.com/reset.

Completed the form as requested, but then can not submit the form as it will not accept the Teamviewer ID. Frustrating as **bleep**!

Again i'm another user who has been wrongly flagged for commercial use. very disappointing.

@Bebbspoke wrote:

I am NOT a "Commercial User" - TV falsely identified me as such & cut off my communications to a User who is medically considered to be a "vulnerable person" I have made sevberal attempts to convey my angst to TV but am thwarted by the "generate .pdf" stage - the system hangs....

Highlighted
Posted by
Proton

Connection Bocked/Commercial Use Detected

Hello,

I recently recieved a warning that I may be using TeamViewer commercially, even though I only connect to one other computer and *very rarely* to a third. Now I'm being deined access to the same computer and receiving an "Unable to Connect" message stating that "Your license limits the maximum session duration to a partner... Connection to this partner will be until  *one minute after the attempt*.

I can share my log file to prove that I am not using TeamViewer for commercial use. Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Highlighted
Posted by
Trigon

Re: Saying I need Commercial Licence

It seems to me, @JJxVortechx that TeamViewer doesn't need to prove anything. It's up to YOU to prove that your use is private.

Secondly and most importantly, read the sticky post on https://community.teamviewer.com/t5/General-Questions/TeamViewer-thinks-I-m-using-the-software-comme...

What it clearly says is that the forum is NOT the right place for this issue:

Hint: Please be aware that this is NOT an issue that can be resolved in the community. Posting messages about commercial usage will not help to get the reset. For getting a reset you need to fill out the form.

Highlighted
Posted by
Digon

I had the same problem with the system hanging at create pdf, discovered it was the "space" in the post code ie: "XX11 7PP" needs to be "XX117PP" - no space. It created the pdf, then you save it to your device and upload it.

Highlighted
Posted by
Trigon

Hi Jane - many thanks for your suggestion - will give it a try - if such works then it is a horrendous oversight by the TV programers!!!

Highlighted
Posted by
Trigon

Re: Saying I need Commercial Licence

Sando  of course it is up to the USER to prove non-commercial usage...
But surely it is up to Teamviewer to provide all users with adequate and fully functional message methodology! - not a system flawed by hanging at what to all intents and purposes is the STANDARD (Post Office preferred) SPACE between the alphanumeric pairs of UK post codes. - rather poor software writing has  been incorporated.

Highlighted
Posted by
Digon

Hope it helped, I've just had my TeamViewer ID reset to personal use. Hopefully you have too.

Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

Cannot Download PDF on Reset Management page on Website

Cannot Download PDF on Reset Management page on Website.  Can I speak to someone who actually works in Teamviewer support?  If not I will be uninstalling this software forever.