Commercial use - Connection time out

Comments

• Gday All,

I understand the amount of people submitting Private use forms must be high.

Is there anyway to extend the trial by a few days until the support people get to me form ?

Cheers,

Mark.

• Forgot to add the ticket number.

Thankyou all, have a good one.

• Uninstalling and reinstalling wont help. Been there done That. even wiped all of TeamViewer out of registry. My computer says Manafacteur: " Hewlett-Packard Company". It says my trial version has expired. This happened when I upgraded to TV 12. This computer is my wife's and I used TV to check problems when out of town. Not any more! She doesent even use it.

Thanks TV!!! "It's a feature, not a bug.

• NO USO  COMERCIALMENTE   EL TeamViewer, COMO PODRIA  DEMOSTRARLO ?,PUES  SOMOS UN GRUPO  DE PERSONAS  MAYORES  QUE NUESTRO HOBY  ES  EMITIR  CON UNA RADIO POR INTERNET CUYO PROGRAMA  ES EL SAMBROADCASTER EL CUAL REQUIERE UN MANTENIMIENTO TOTALMENTE ALTRUISTA ,ENTRE LOS  QUE EMITIMOS Y  ES EL MOTIVO  POR EL  QUE INDICA   (Sospecha de uso Comercial)
                          Adjunto  el programa  Sambroadcaster:

sambroadcaster.png

• I have a computer, which was installed commercially by mistake, and in fact is for private use.I Would need to unlock this computer.

If you need the computer ID, ask me.

Thank you

A greeting

• VsUK
    VsUK Posts: 4 ✭✭

I'm a free user for personal use. I use it to connect to my kids computers when problems arrise or other family members. But I'm gettin greally frustrated by the annoying, Commercial use suspected. This happens every time I connect to more than 1 computer at a time & its really annoying. But what's more annoying, The [email protected] email is no longer used & they direct you to the site & click contact us & submit a ticket. But when I enter my email, nothing happens. It just a continious loop. I can't for the life of me find a way to actually contact teamviewer, which if you ask me. Is appauling considering they provide the software free for personal use.

Unless I'm missing something, it looks to me that teamviewer couldn't care less about free users, because I cant find a way to open a support ticket & thats the only way I can fix the stupid commercial use suspected rubbish. I'm on the cusp of just removing it completely & use something else that isn't as petty!

• Tezr
    Tezr Posts: 4

Hi, 

I know you're busy but when you get the chance can you please look into my ticket as well. The wife mistakenly selected the wrong option instead of Personal Use.

Would be much appreciated if someone could look into the ticket ID provided below.

TICKET ID #3453504

SUBJECT: Request from Personal Use Verification form

Thanks.

• Hello,

I just submitted a form for TeamViewer personal use verification. And now I have received a response to either wait for sales to get back to me with pricing or post a support ticket.

So, here it is,  that I accidently selected Corporate or both option during installation and no matter how many times I re-install TV now, I still get the same expired status.

Please help me. I just the basic free version to use sometime.

Thanks,
    Arsalan

• Esther
    Esther Posts: 4,052 Former Community Manager

Hi @VsUK

Please have a look at this Knowledge Base article.

In this article you´ll find a link to the form where you can request the change.

Thank you, Esther

Former Community Manager

• Hello I contact you because I recently received a message from Teamviewer that I was suspected of using Teamviewer for commercial use. But I use it only to help my family and especially my grandfather. Thank you for helping me as soon as possible !!

•  

hi ive been using teamviewer to help friends and family who are not very tech minded and i do at some points use for about a hour at a time to explain to them how things work etc but im now getting high use detected for commerical use my id is xxx-xxx-xxx can sme please sort this for me please 

]

• Hi!

I wounder if my usage is classified as "private use". I am a university student. I have a private computer at home, that I sometimes connect to from school, using my private iPad. I use this setup now and then if I need to use some software on my PC in my studies.

In my opinion this is not commercially use. As a student in sweden a do recive "study grants and allowance ". This is however not defined as a salary. Is it okay for me to use the "free" TeamViewer?

I have searched on the forum for an answer to this question but couldnt find what I was looking for.

Thanks in advance, Mattias Carlsson

• Raven
    Raven Posts: 23 ✭✭

Hi Mattias,

I'm not an employee of TeamViewer, but my understanding of their terms is that yes, this would constitute "free" use.  Commercial licences are required if you are using TeamViewer in a business environment, such as my office, where I use TeamViewer to remote-access my colleagues' workstations, and support them in their day-to-day work as and when needed.

Hope that helps =]

- Raven
  • Hi Raven!

Thanks for your answer! I hope someone at TeamViewer can confirm if this also is their perception of my usage. :)

/Mattias

• Thankyou Whoever sorted this out.

It took 7 days - buts its back to FREE license all of a sudden.

Cheers.

• Please also help me..

I submitted the ticket 10 days ago on 09/16/2017, received an email "[#3456264] Request from Personal Use Verification form", and strangely received 3 other tickets #3456306 & #3456355 #3456384 one hour after each other.

• Tezr
    Tezr Posts: 4

@Tezr wrote:

Hi, 

I know you're busy but when you get the chance can you please look into my ticket as well. The wife mistakenly selected the wrong option instead of Personal Use.

Would be much appreciated if someone could look into the ticket ID provided below.

TICKET ID #3453504

SUBJECT: Request from Personal Use Verification form

Thanks.

Just checked mine and still expired...

Still waiting patiently.... 

:)

• chuppy
    chuppy Posts: 1

Dear Support,

I am currently experiencing issue that when I connected remotely to another PC (both with Teamviewer) at some pointing time the connection blocked itself and it remains block for about 10 minutes. Can you please help me to solve this issue?

• Can someone help.  I have been a user of teamviewer for at least 5 years.

My computer got a virus and I had to re-load all of my apps and programs and teamviewer will only let me get a trial version now.  How can I get my computer back on my existing account?

• I formatted my pc (changing windows version), but my hardware still the same (mac address, wifi and ethernet interfaces) and when I made a fresh installation of Teamviewer the ID had been changed - starting a demo license.
    After this I found an option to "reattach" the machine, but I had deleted the machine already...

Now I can't use this machine because demo version trial period has expired. How can I fix this?

• I formatted my pc (changing windows version), but my hardware still the same (mac address, wifi and ethernet interfaces) and when I made a fresh installation of Teamviewer the ID had been changed - starting a demo license.
    After this I found an option to "reattach" the machine, but I had deleted the machine already...

(I was using 5-machine free license).

Now I can't use this machine because demo version trial period has expired. How can I fix this?

• Hi!!

i want to change from buisiness license to personal license.

i tried to uninstall teamviewer and install teamviewer.

but new version was buisiness version.

How should i do?

if you change kind of license,i will hope it.

• ME TOO

•  Ticket ID: 3438814

Can anyone of the staff help me and reply me, please?

• north
    north Posts: 2

Please help,   I incorrectly selected the business version when downloading team viewer.  I have tried uninstalling and re-installing team viewer to private but it "remembers me" and therefore keeps bringing up the message that i need to purchase a licence.  How can i change to a personal user?

Many thanks

• Hello

I installed Teamviewer as Personal-use and worked great for 2 days. Now it shows me message "Trial version, 4day(s) remaining (myname)".

I thought Teamviewer was free for personal use? Is it possible that I accidentally switched to  business? If so, I can't find a setting to disable that.

Thanks

• Ashley
    Ashley Posts: 2

Hi there :)

I downloaded TeamViewer for peronsal use so that  I could access my desktop from my laptop. Somehow I stupidly selected the corporate option that requires you to purchase a license following a brief trial period. 

I have tried un-intalling and re-installing the free personal account option, but TeamViewer won't let me.

Please help! 

• iainwels
    iainwels Posts: 121 ✭✭

Hello Ashley,

Did you try deleting your settings when you uninstalled the teamviewer? If not here is how you can do that,

1. You go to uninstal the teamviewer.       2. You check the box that says delete settings.        3. Then you delete and reïnstall the teamviewer .1. You go to uninstal the teamviewer. 2. You check the box that says delete settings. 3. Then you delete and reïnstall the teamviewer .

With kind regards, Met vriendelijke groet,
    Iain Wels,
    ICT-Support
    If you found this helpfull please verify it as an solution, so it could help other people