Commercial use - Connection time out

Comments

• Good afternoon, after some use I was blocked by a tim waver on suspicion that it is used in commerce is not so the time the vimper is used for personal purposes! how to correct?

• mattdud
    mattdud Posts: 5 ✭✭
    I notice that Teamviewer don't answer any of these queries! Clearly not bothered!
  • TheAncient
    TheAncient Posts: 9 ✭✭

@sam20e: I had the same problem (teamviewer set to "commercial") in the past. I submitted a "problem report" on a Sunday at 19:00 and had an answer when I checked on Monday morning: "Thank you very much for your message. I set your ID to private, non-commercial usage, because I believe you that you do only use TeamViewer for private use. So you are now able to use the free, non-commercial version again." I can't remember what facility I used to notify them. Right now I would try using the "I'm not happy" button in the "Feedback" section of Teamviewer.

• sam20e
    sam20e Posts: 8

thank you @TheAncient

• carlosmrs
    carlosmrs Posts: 5

Sam20e, gotomypc isn't paid ?

• lichengxl
    lichengxl Posts: 1

I have submitted the request almost 10 days and did not get any reply. The teamviewer did not work. I just used for my personal research study. It is an awful experience. Hope the support team can solve this kind of problem soon. 

• drDubbelklick
    drDubbelklick Posts: 4 ✭✭

This is NOT a duplicate of the other thread named almost the same.

It appears that my ID [personal information removed by moderator] has wrongfully been associated as a business user. I use TeamViewer strictly for personal use, helping people close to me with their computers. I'm a software developer, so it's natural they turn to me when things start malfunctioning. Everything worked fine up until today.

I tried downgrading to v12 both on my end AND the client end, letting the client have the same software as I use, and the same phenomenon appeared. The client ID is [personal information removed by moderator].

This means that in my case, the problem is not related to version 13 at all. I have filed the case under the header TeamViewer 13 because there was no other suitable place for it, in my opinion. 

/Thomas J. Ekman
  • bazbsg
    bazbsg Posts: 112 ✭✭
    This may be of interest. I get this error on one of my PCs. I don't get it on the others, even though all my PCs are on the same account. I also get the error on the same PC when I log into my mom's account. If I use one of my other PCs, I can connect to this PC that gets the error. It stays connected and there is no timeout in less than one minute like if I connect in the opposite direction. So it's seems to be triggering this error based on the PC that is connecting, not the account or the PC that is being connected to.
  • sebi
    sebi Posts: 5 ✭✭

Same issue for me and I'm recognized as a free user.... This is hapening since Friday

• JL7
    JL7 Posts: 2

I have the same problem since June 6th.

• sebi

Same issue. Diconnected after 57 seconds, and I am registered as free/non commercial user.

Should be a bug I guess  which would need to be corrected ASAP.

Or if this is a manner to force users to pay a commercial version, I don't think it is a good idea to get every user angry...

• andsim
    andsim Posts: 4

same here, but question any one of you. using windows 10 pro?

• sam20e
    sam20e Posts: 8

yes im using win 10 pro

• sebi

No, I am using Windows 10 family. And same issue.

• carlosmrs
    carlosmrs Posts: 5

I'm using windows 10 HOME

• andsim
    andsim Posts: 4
    same we all got issues. not just me.. look like they r forcing everyone to buy their plan. OR bug in there system
  • hexing
    hexing Posts: 4

I am an individual user
    IOS display business users
    I occasionally use teamviewer to download files Can I change to a personal user? Thanks
    My TeamViewer ID [personal information removed]
    Thank you

• hexing

The lifting of commercial restrictions
    Not commercially available
    Connect your personal computer
    My TeamViewer ID [personal information removed]
    Thank you

• TheAncient
    TheAncient Posts: 9 ✭✭

@andsimYes, I'm using Win 10 Pro (1803 - Build 17134.81)

• my account is free and personal use but when i install in my laptop and login my account and access my home pc, session log out after few sec saying business trial. same account i login to my existing pc or to other pc, it doesnt not auto log out. I did install basic installation and personal use and at about teamviewer it shows FREE. any idea on how to resolve this issue.

• hexing
    My account is also free and personal use
    A few seconds after the session is written off the Business Edition
    What should I do
  • rs232
    rs232 Posts: 2 ✭✭

Same here, for some reason Teamviewer thinks I'm using this for business? But thi is wrong as I'm using this for personal usage only!

• MSerrano
    MSerrano Posts: 1

I do not know why you told me that the 7-day test has expired. I only use the team viewer in a domestic way, but I our new notebook i can`t used team viewer because you  thinks it should be the commercial versión, but it is not true. How can i go back? Thanks in advcane

• Zananok
    Zananok Posts: 1

All the computers I connect to are either mine, from my family or VMs in my computers.

All the activity with it is completely private (non-commercial). 

I work in an IT company and we do have a Teamviewer Licence for Teamviewer 10, though I myself never use it as I am not part of direct technical support as I work in software development.

Could someone please remove the messages about 'Commercial' warning from my account... Clicking "ok" is annoying enough.

Even my 'work computer', is my personal computer.

• wrmichael
    wrmichael Posts: 17

@trekfan1 wrote:

I'm thinking to report TV team at authority for blackmail, understand?

Good luck with that.  

• wrmichael
    wrmichael Posts: 17

@Zananok wrote:

Could someone please remove the messages about 'Commercial' warning from my account... Clicking "ok" is annoying enough.

This is something you have to do yourself.  The links are provided.   You can google "team viewer suspected of commercial use" and the forms you need to complete can be found or you can scroll up.    

No one in the community forum can "do anything" but point you to those links or suggest you contact tech support.  

Good luck and those links do work.  I no longer have the "suspected of commercial use" warnings anymore and they know I use it just for hobby. 

• piergiu10
    piergiu10 Posts: 1

Hi, I using your software from a long time, a few days ago I received a warning telling me that I use it commercially, thus blocking the session. I want to clarify that I do not use it for commercial purposes, I simply connect to my home pc while I'm away. Can you help me solve the problem?

Salve, utilizzo il vostro software da molto tempo, qualche giorno fa mi è comparso un avviso dicendomi che ne faccio un uso commerciale bloccandomi così la sessione. Ci tengo a precisare che non lo utilizzo per fini commercili, semplicemente mi collego al mio pc fisso di casa mentre sono via. Potete aiutarmi a risolvere il problema?

Grazie in anticipo

• AlexisJane
    AlexisJane Posts: 22 ✭✭
    Good morning all.

I had an email response to my “personal verification” request this morning.

My usage has now been set to private due to my logs indicating private use only. I presume my explanation came into play also.

They reiterated what is personal use and is business use. If the day ever comes that it is needed for business use I’ll happily purchase a licence.

Good luck everyone.