Teamviewer 12 issuse with new Win 10 Creators update

Installed the Win 10 Creators update last week and since then TM12 has had issue connecting.

When i connect I get a screen but it stays on initializing screen parameters and sits there forever so i cannot get tomy machine.

Once i get to the machne and reboot it it works ok for a day or two then does the thing

Note the update was on the machine im trying to remote into

Has any one else seen this or know of a fix.

Comments

• Reyhan
    Reyhan Posts: 269 Staff member 🤠

Hi Radioguy,

Thank you for your post.

Please have a look at this article, this could give you more information.

Best regards.

Reyhan

Did my reply answer your question? Please accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
    Reyhan
  • help
    help Posts: 2

Im using teamviewer 8,  and it was working fine until i upgraded to windows 10 Creators edition. 

After spending 1 week of time consulting Teamviewer reps, sending various log files, the end result is that this version of teamviewer is not supported with windows 10 in general. Also support for teamviewer 8 has been suspending, so no further investigation will be carried out, thanks Teamviewer! The only option is to upgrade ( we are not on subscription, they are pay for out right license, old payment model)

Anyways, I managed to get teamviewer functioning by disabling Teamviewer8 in services.

(Start > Run > Services.msc > Enter > Search for teamviewer8 > right click stop > Volia)

I hope this helps someone, as teamviewer seem only really interested in selling me new licenses .