Teamviewer Active Directory, Management console in local network

Hi

In our newest project we have requirement to provide remote support for end users. We were thinking about using Teamviewer for that. We have some requirements and I would like to know if TeamViewer can fulfill them.

Our requirements are:

• Offline support (in local area network without internet access)
  • Secure connection
  • Integration with Active Directory
  • Deployment of Teamviewer installation --> I noticed Teamviewer MSI can be used for that
  • Management console that can be used in helpdesk center, with user roles that are defined in Active Directory. Offline support is also required.

After reading your product documentation and community forum I noticed that most of our requirements are supported by Teamviewer. My biggest concern is integration with Active Directory and running TeamViewer Management console in local network (this means no internet connection).

Can you please provide me some more info about that?

Thank you.

Best Answer

Answers

• Thank you for this info. Very usefull for me. For more details I will contact your Sales team as you suggested.

Regards

• Hello. I cannot find how to set up the LAN or LAN-Only connection in my Android. I already downloaded & installed the host as well as the component, but no option is shown in the menus. I found this, but I cannot find how to do it: https://community.teamviewer.com/t5/TeamViewer-General/Force-Teamviewer-local-network-only/td-p/6759

Thank you in advance
    Ludwig

• Jeremy
    Jeremy Posts: 106 Staff member 🤠

Hi @Terabuck,

It's not possible to connect to an Android device in LAN-only mode, using the Host app, as this is not supported. The Host app needs to be assigned to a TeamViewer account, and is accessed through that account, and this requires an internet connection.

However, it is possible to connect from an Android device - to a remote PC - over a LAN with no internet connection, using the TeamViewer Remote Control app on Android. You can do this by entering the IP address of the remote PC into the "Partner ID" field of the app.

TeamViewer on the remote PC will need to be configured to allow incoming LAN connections for this to work. For example with TeamViewer on Windows, go to Extras > Options > General > "Incoming LAN connections" > set to accept or accept exclusively.

Regards,
    Jeremy
    TeamViewer Quality Assurance Engineer