Teamviewer ID Changed after upgrade windows 10 2004 verion (May update)

Comments

• GFORCE1
    GFORCE1 Posts: 13

Still not working! After extra reboot with RDP original ID is back but my credentials are lost...
    Any news about a working version?

• CompuShark
    CompuShark Posts: 11 ✭✭

@GFORCE1  : If you can get in through RDP, either Update Temviewer to latest version, or if it is already up to date, uninstall Teamviewer and DO NOT CHECK "Remove Settings" during uninstallation process, then reinstall it. Your credentials and ID will be back to what they were. That's what I've been doing. I have probably another 500 workstations left to do "Facepalm"

• flycam
    flycam Posts: 3 ✭✭

Hi Jean - a month has passed. Any update please, TeamViewer?

@JeanK wrote:

Hello @iteprogrammers @daniellee @Curtg @bclark88 and @Vatsilidis,

Thanks a lot for your messages! ?

This is, unfortunately, expected behaviour of the TeamViewer ID.

As the TeamViewer ID is linked with the hard- and software of the device itself, a change of the hardware or a major update of the OS can lead to a TeamViewer ID change.

We will keep you posted as soon as we have more information regarding this.

Best,

Jean

• GFORCE1

@flycam 
    Looks like it has not priority to solve this problem! Several costumors want to upgrade to 2004, but we cant because of teamviewer ....
    Please upscale this issue to solve this asap please!

• Esther
    Esther Posts: 4,052 Former Community Manager

Hi all,

After launching the Insider Build (15.7.4), we collected feedback from some users who helped us with the diagnosis and analyzed many Log Files. Thanks to all of you providing us with insights!

As background information, the ID switch does not happen on all machines that upgrade to Win 10 2004.

However, it turned out, the fix implemented in the Insider Build did not resolve the problem completely, and with this, our dev teams went back to the drawing board.

We now have a new version available.
    The next step is testing.

I could convince the dev team to provide me with the download link to be published in our community.

Surely we can be much faster with providing a stable version that fixes the issue, the more testers we have.

Therefore - if you would like to help us testing: Please download TeamViewer from this link and provide us with your feedback in here (or via ticket).

Disclaimer: As any Insider build it is not recommended to use the insider build in a production environment or to roll it out globally on all devices you have in place. Also: It is recommended to install the Insider Build on devices you can reach directly so in case of issues you can revert changes quickly.

Best,

Esther

Former Community Manager

• GFORCE1

Hi Esther,

This version is working on a test machine! Now testing on a (virtual) second machine.
    Keep you posted!

• GFORCE1

In virtual machine the test failed .....
    Lost the ID but came back on a reboot, but credentials still lost .....

• Esther

Hi @GFORCE1 

Thanks for the feedback!

The devs would love to review the log file of the device that failed the test.

May I ask you to send the log files to us via https://support.teamviewer.com/ ?

Thanks a lot in advance and we are happy to read more feedback!

Best, Esther

Former Community Manager

• GFORCE1

Hi Esther,

Did send it with the message "Logfiles for Esther"
    Can you confirm you got the logfile?

Gerard

• Esther

Hi @GFORCE1 

Confirmed ?

I already forwarded it to the dev team.

Thanks heaps for your super fast help ? I hope your logs help them to find the cause for it.

Best, Esther

Former Community Manager

• Esther

Hi all,

just checking in for some more feedback from all of you who tested the new version I uploaded here. Did it work? Did it fail?

@GFORCE1 First of all thanks for sending your logfile!! The team reviewed it and they have some questions

1. Could you describe how you tested the new version?
    2. The OS boot was super fast on your device (approx. 1 minute). Do you know why it was so fast? What was your process? Could you maybe give us a description so that we can try to reproduce your steps?

Thanks again and we are looking forward to more feedback from you guys ?

Have a great day,

Esther

Former Community Manager

• GFORCE1

Hi Esther,

This windows is installed in a VMware Workstation 15 envoirement. Its on a SSD with a I7 9700K @5GHz soc.

PS on the other system i tested was a real machine and went well , as i stated before ;-)

• Esther

Hi @GFORCE1 

Thanks for your reply! This is already a great starting point for the developers!

To be able to reproduce the case, would you mind sharing how exactly you tested the version/update of the OS on the VM?

(If you prefer, you are also welcome to describe your process via your ticket.)

We can keep the community updated on all relevant news in parallel ?

Thanks again for your help!

Esther

Former Community Manager

• GFORCE1

Hi Esther,

I will try to reproduce it again and write down the procedure!

(This cost me a lot of time ......)

• Esther

Thanks a lot @GFORCE1 

I appreciate your help and your time invest here ?

Former Community Manager

• GFORCE1

@Esther 

Did the upgrade this morning and send the files by mail to support. Can you confirm that you received the files?

• Esther

Confirmed ? And already forwarded to the devs. They will have a look at it immediately.

Thanks a lot ?

Former Community Manager

• flycam
    flycam Posts: 3 ✭✭

Hoping this may assist in your solutioning - I've a total of just 8 Win10 PC's I have are configured identically, same hardware.  Fast boot off on all.  5 work, 3 offline/changed password.  Here's the strange fact - at one site, I've one PC that has changed password (can't connect), and one PC that's working fine, with the update to v2004, on the same LAN with software versions the same?

Look forward to a solution soon, as I mentioned in the thread, we would need a site visit to Germany, Norway and France to revive these PC's, which isn't really acceptable.  Luckily, 2 PC's in Dubai are ok.  Most of our 60 machines running TV are Ubuntu thank goodness..

• Esther

Hi all,

I am happy to let you know that the devs released a new TeamViewer version (15.7.7) with a fix for the problem with the possible switching TeamViewer ID when updating to Windows 10 Update 2004.

I posted the Change Log here.

Thanks to all of you who provided the feedback via this thread and mainly via our ticket system to our development teams! Your help was crucial to get this fix live!

Thanks and best,

Esther

Former Community Manager

• GFORCE1

Hi @Esther ,

Do you have download link? And is there a host version?

• Esther

Sorry - forgot to add the most important part of the info ?

You can download the TeamViewer full version and the TeamViewer Host here: https://www.teamviewer.com/en/download/windows/

Former Community Manager

• GFORCE1

@Esther 

To bad, same as before ...... you need logs again?

• Esther

@GFORCE1  oh no - that´s not the news I was expecting. But yes - if possible, it would be great if you could send the logs again. I reply to your ticket and so you can send them easily as a reply to me.

Former Community Manager

• Keano16
    Keano16 Posts: 2

@daniellee wrote:

Teamviewer ID Changed after upgrade windows 10 2004 verion (May update),  Wasted my Teamviewer bussiness subscription two device moves.  -_-

Same problem with me...

But TeamViewer Support once said to me they can reset number of moves (for free). Can someone confirm that?

• Fiona_G
    Fiona_G Posts: 689 Staff member 🤠

Hi @Keano16,

Thanks for your message.

I would recommend contacting our support team directly via phone to confirm and find a solution ASAP.

I hope this helps.

Best regards,

Fiona

Fiona_G
  • Yoshilee
    Yoshilee Posts: 1

We have about 1000 Teamviewer PC contacts in our list. How do I avoid to add each manually after updating to 2004? The Teamviewer contacts are our basis for support in our company.

• TGeRi
    TGeRi Posts: 27

The same here!!! Mostly TVHOST-s...

• Keano16
    Keano16 Posts: 2

@Yoshilee wrote:

We have about 1000 Teamviewer PC contacts in our list. How do I avoid to add each manually after updating to 2004? The Teamviewer contacts are our basis for support in our company.

hmmm... but for me contact list was automatically updated.

Two of my PC's have changed ID's... and TeamViewer Contact list was updated automatically. Not sure why and how?!

• joloriquelme
    joloriquelme Posts: 13 ✭✭

This problem hasn't been resolved.

Today I've updated my both personal-work computers from 1909 to 2004 and both changed TeamViewer IDs.

TeamViewer (Full) 15.7.7.

This is very serious.

Strange thing it that, apparently, with TeamViewer Host this problem doesn't ocurr. Two of other machines that I provide support updated and keept the same ID.