You keep being nice and you always push us to support but THE ISSUE IS: can you imagine the cost of all that? Are you aware of companies losing their contracts? Can you imagine how much manpower we had to invest?
As I know, you were paid years after years on time. Our money is not supposed to prevent this to happen? As everyone knows, you had access to 2004 updates month before. Your tests were to reveal and prevent such issue !
Your product is awesome and the price/quality ratio was fair.
For my own experience, you cost me much more than if I had chosen **Third Party Product** or **Third Party Product** as my choice and I would still have money to keep them for years upfront.
VERY VERY DISAPPOINTED, furious and broken for years trying to catch back my losses.
Well done, Teamviewer. Looks like Win 10 2004 upgrade also deleted "easy access" for most of my company PCs. Is this expected at the exorbitant pricing? I had to manually fix the issue thanks to good old remote desktop access which was not only annoying but also costs time and money, even more thanks to 2FA. Any refund for this or is this expected from your customers?
How about issuing a big warning about his "unexpected" dangerous behavior? Or are the big pop-ups reserved for annoying ads in the paid versions?
I hope you are aware that this is one of the worst things that can happen to software that claims to be suitable for remote control. And it is a shame that this still hapens months after an official Windows 10 upgrade release.
BTW: Your forum software also seems to have bugs, it just discarded a long post I wrote before...
This problem is still in version 15.8.3. I just had it happen today, 2020-Aug-18, on two systems. Your Endpoint was installed on both systems. There was no way to uninstall the EndPoint remotely, and your tool for cleanup did not work. the only way to get the license back was to remove the computer and lose all billing information and past work. the following was tried when in front of the computer:
1. uninstall using windows uninstall under programs. This did not work even after several reboots.
2. rebooting in safe mode and removing the directory, running your tool, and rebooting 3 times. After doing all this, the computer showed up in the endpoint management console, and I did an uninstall. then rebooted the computer 2 times, then ran your tool and rebooted 2 times. After this, I tried to reinstall under the new ID number, install failed with the message could not access files system. This problem usually occurs due to not rebooting the computer after an uninstall.
I then called Tech support and was on hold for 35 minutes the man that answered the phone said I had reached sales and would transfer me to Tech support which told me there were 13 people ahead of me, in other words, I was placed back at the end of the queue. I had to hang up; I did not have another 35 to 45 minutes to wait on hold.
I still have two computers that I can not reinstall EndPoint on.
I had reported this problem with EndPoint before when I had computers go offline for storage at the start of the COVID 19 problem, and the only way to get the licenses back was to delete the computer, thereby losing all billing and history on the computer.
Teamviewer needs to have a better way of getting the licenses back when the computer goes offline, or the ID gets changed as with w-10 2004 update and not make us lose our billing information.
Teamviewer needs a way for users to uninstall Endpoint completely on an offline computer easily.
The issue still persists in 15.8.3
I have a windows machine on 15.8.3 and I updated from 1909 - 2004 and the ID changed.
Luckily all our computers are running a BAT-script under source control every midnight. So I pushed the command:
"\Program Files (x86)\TeamViewer\TeamViewer.exe" assign --api-token NNNNNNN-XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX --group-id gNNNNNNNNN --grant-easy-access --reassign
How can I help the TeamViewers software department?
OK ..... well it is still not solved so it seems.....
Its lasting for months now, i still dont have the guts to upgrade my clients to 2004....
Hope it will be resolved quickly now. Mean time im gonna look for another product if its not gonna be solved.
Thanks for your reports!
The best way to help your devs is by sending in the logfiles from the machine which switched the ID.
This helps them to check the scenarios with our previous findings to see what parts need to be worked on.
If you are in doubt, here the guide on How to submit a ticket
Thanks for your help!!
Same issue here.
slow claps 👏
P.S.: Forum threw an error message and sent the previous comment anyway.
There may be a more efficient way to do, I did not try to optimize this process. it.
The tool you sent me is the same tool I had and used as described in my original ticket.
That tool does not completely clean the registry. Please see the attached screenshots.
When the ID changes the account assignment is not in the new ID and you cannot access the old ID on the computer all you can do is delete it from the console in TeamViewer.The only way I was able to resolve this problem was to do the following:
This process takes a long time and cannot be done remotely.
I did not try running your tool in safe mode.
In my experience, the tool did not remove all ITbrain registry entries.
Thank a lot @JoachimSpange !
I assigned the ticket to the devs and I am keeping my fingers crossed 🤞