Teamviewer ID after windows re-install

I have a free personal non-commercial use TV license.  I had to wipe my C: Drive and do a clean install of Windows 10.  I re-installed TV but when I saw a different TV ID, I am concerned about logging in and having the TV Servers think I am adding computers and therefore using the service for other than personal uses.  How do I avoid this.  Same motherboard, same W10 license, same SSD drive, just clean install. 

Tagged:

Comments

• Vatsilidis
    Vatsilidis Posts: 655 ⭐Star⭐

Hi @G-M2020 

Which Windows internal version are you using? (1909 or 2004)

Best regards

• G-M2020
    G-M2020 Posts: 4

Sorry, should have specified.  2004

• G-M2020

I am on 2004, any thoughts on this issue?

• Esther
    Esther Posts: 4,052 Former Community Manager

Hi @G-M2020 

As you are saving your computers in your Computers & Contacts list (=your TeamViewer account), you do not need to re-add them as the account is independantly from the device/TeamViewer ID you are logged in.

So - no need to worry, just sign in to your TeamViewer account and you have all the accounts and devices again in your list.

If you are interested in learning a bit more about the commercial use topic, I recommend our blog post about it: Thank you for playing fair 

Thanks and best,

Esther

Former Community Manager

• G-M2020

Thank you for your reply.  I undertand that my User login and computers are independent of an individual device.  The TV Servers have previously flagged my for commercial use.  Which I am not.  It took me four months to reinstate free use.  So I am particularly sensitive to avoiding that again.  My issue is on one of my personal computers, I had to do a clean install of W10Pro using Version 2004.  Same motherboard and SSD drive.  When I re-installed TV Free, it assigned a new ID this computer.  I am heistant to "add" this eisting computer with a new ID because I don't want to potentially be flagged again.  Maybe my concerns are misplaced.  If I delete the previous TV ID from the My Computers TV screen and add the new ID, am I going to be OK with the TV Fair Use screeners?

• Esther
    Esther Posts: 4,052 Former Community Manager

I think so yes ? I would be surprised if a commercial usage is detected after you added a new computer to your Computers & Contacts list.

But you are right: Better to ask to be on the safe side.

Best, Esther 

Former Community Manager