Teamviewer QS not connecting to server

davmax
davmax Posts: 14 ✭✭

Have a remote user in the UK with QS that can no longer connect to server. This has happened since updating to to Windows 10 ver 1709. At the same time emails were blocked and some web pages in the Edge browser were a problem. I solved the latter problems by guiding the uninstall of the ISP provided security software and the bank supplied Trusteer browser protection software. Unfortunately Teamviewer QS is still unable to access it's server, even after installing the latest version. Security is now provided by Windows Defender. Any help would be appreciated, suspect some communication layer problem.

Comments

• Jackinabox
    Jackinabox Posts: 41 Staff member 🤠

Hi Davmax

Thank you for posting.
    Could you please take a quick look at this link?
    https://community.teamviewer.com/t5/Knowledge-Base/Which-ports-are-used-by-TeamViewer/ta-p/4139

Hope this helps your situation.

Yuhi

• davmax

Thanks. Have tried ports with no effect on this remote computer by instructing user. It is interesting that the user cannot access the Teamviewer website in Edge. This seems to indicate a block on Teamviewer as a whole.  Taken a look at Defender and can find no way of affect firewall or other rules. Other web sites and email now operating fine. Just a Teamviewer web page and server access problem!!!!!!  Have set Defender scanning just in case. Will have to wait for results. If anyone knows how to access rules to stop the blocking action I would like help with this. Tough problem that I have not met before on any other computer.

• davmax

I have accessed Defender rules and listed Teamviewer to pass firewall. Still no difference, Getting user to check Windows date because Teamviewer web page block is due to certificate problem. Going back to previuos Windows version 1703 made no difference. Will recommence investigation after Christmas holiday period. May need to restore from backup image.