Teamviewer Ubuntu 14.04 not recognizing BisonCam Webcam

Hi all,

I got a problem with my Teamviewer installation not recognizing my laptops built in webcam.

Details: Ubuntu 14.04 64-bit on Intel i5-4210U, Acer BisonCam NB Pro (USB ID 5986:0536).

Symptoms: The camera is working with Cheese fine. In Teamviewer I don't see any picture and Settings->Video shows me the camera in the drop down, however instead of a picture I get the message "Selected camera not working. Please connect another camera".

I had the same problem with Teamviewer 11 on the laptop with the BisonCam, while the webcam on my old Asus eeePC with Ubuntu work just fine with Lubuntu 14.04.

I am very grateful for any help getting the BisonCam working with TV 12

Thanks in advance,

Peter

Best Answer

Answers

• Peter1
    Peter1 Posts: 3 ✭✭

Hi Christian,

thanks for the tipps. I need to download the utils first. I#ll come back here, after I got the data from my cam.

See you

Peter

• Peter1
    Peter1 Posts: 3 ✭✭

Hi Christian,

that did the trick, also instead of the command line utility I used the V4L2 test utility from the Ubuntu software center. I set my camera to YUYV (seemed to be on MJPEG). Works perfect.
    If there is a way to set the thread here to solved, tell me how.
    Best regards,
    Peter

• For those on Ubuntu, the following did the trick:

$ v4l2-ctl --list-formats
    ioctl: VIDIOC_ENUM_FMT
    Index : 0
    Type : Video Capture
    Pixel Format: 'YUYV'
    Name : YUYV 4:2:2

Index : 1
    Type : Video Capture
    Pixel Format: 'MJPG' (compressed)
    Name : Motion-JPEG

Take note of the YUYV index (or any other supported pixel format). Run the following command:

v4l2-ctl --set-fmt-video=width=640,height=480,pixelformat=0

Replace pixelformat=0 with the YUYV index (you may also wish to fiddle with the width & height).

Restart TeamViewer.

• @Peter1 wrote:

Hi all,

I got a problem with my Teamviewer installation not recognizing my laptops built in webcam.

Details: Ubuntu 14.04 64-bit on Intel i5-4210U, Acer BisonCam NB Pro (USB ID 5986:0536).

Symptoms: The camera is working with Cheese fine. In Teamviewer I don't see any picture and Settings->Video shows me the camera in the drop down, however instead of a picture I get the message "Selected camera not working. Please connect another camera".

I had the same problem with Teamviewer 11 on the laptop with the BisonCam, while the webcam on my old Asus eeePC with Ubuntu work just fine with Lubuntu 14.04.

Thanks in advance,

Peter

@Peter1 wrote:

Hi all,

Thanks in advance,

Peter

• @Peter1 wrote:

Hi all,

Thanks in advance,

Peter